Lucha Libre Thread - AAA, CMLL, & the rest of the masked lads

BomberPat

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

WWE have let people fulfil existing bookings to a reasonable extend in the past, so either Vaquer has cancelled those bookings herself, or it's a sea-change in how WWE do business with free agents - or, more likely, with people working for AEW-affiliated companies. 

It feels like a bad move on Vaquer's part, though. The old cliché is about treating people well on the way up because you'll need them again on the way back down, because what happens if her WWE run doesn't pan out? Or if there's an issue with her visa, or the WWE medical catches something that means they won't clear her to wrestle for them? Are the companies she just left in the lurch, screwed over for bookings (and not just the odd match here and there - we're talking title matches, main events, and forcing CMLL to vacate a title), and generally fucked around going to be queuing up to work with her again if she finds herself back on the market in 6-12 months?

This might be more of unique situation.

From June after Cuatrero's latest parole hearing.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/1599757/jailed-luchador-el-cuatrero-denied-parole-threats-victim-investigated/

One of the factors working against the luchador was the consideration that Vaquer is still in a vulnerable position and it could therefore endanger her for him to be released at this time. It was also reported that the Mexico City prosecutor's office will be investigating allegations of threats made against Vaquer since Cuatrero's arrest

Can't really blame her wanting to jump sooner than later once an opportunity came up.

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

It's a mad way of doing business on Vaquer's part, and I would assume WWE are kind of pushing her to cut ties a little quicker than wrestlers normally would, because they're in a wrestling war far more than they like to acknowledge they are, and this is all pretty cut-throat. It also means she's almost certainly out of the RevPro Copper Box show on All In weekend.

WWE have let people fulfil existing bookings to a reasonable extend in the past, so either Vaquer has cancelled those bookings herself, or it's a sea-change in how WWE do business with free agents - or, more likely, with people working for AEW-affiliated companies. 

It feels like a bad move on Vaquer's part, though. The old cliché is about treating people well on the way up because you'll need them again on the way back down, because what happens if her WWE run doesn't pan out? Or if there's an issue with her visa, or the WWE medical catches something that means they won't clear her to wrestle for them? Are the companies she just left in the lurch, screwed over for bookings (and not just the odd match here and there - we're talking title matches, main events, and forcing CMLL to vacate a title), and generally fucked around going to be queuing up to work with her again if she finds herself back on the market in 6-12 months?

I believe RevPro have announced that she's dropped out. 

It's a bit of a messy situation and I reckon more than likely a case of WWE wanting to get Vaquer signed up so they can show her off in Mexico this weekend, ahead of her starting in NXT ASAP.

She'd made a statement to something of the effect that she was glad she 'left through the front door' (i.e. on good terms with CMLL and NJPW) but that is evidently not the case and I do wonder if she hasn't burned bridges there. As you say, she may want to work with them again one day, depending on how this WWE run works out.

CMLL are also less than happy with WWE, who they think they have done them dirty in this situation. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
On 7/27/2024 at 6:19 PM, Infinity Land said:

Death Triangle made their CMLL debut last night. Still plenty of petty bollocks going on between CMLL & AAA which led to Penta & Fenix going by different names.

:)

Is that Arena Mexico as well? Man I need to see that