Things that you know will be good

SuperBacon

• Paid Members

Oddly enough, I had gammon for breakfast this morning, and made red-eye gravy again - this time, put in some passata and a touch of maple syrup. Very nice indeed.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Sergio Mendacious said:

Passata and a touch of maple syrup? I’ll tell the ‘ole boys down the grange about that, you’d best be expecting a posse

I do sometimes have it just as is, but the main problem is it's a bit thin, not to mention sometimes a bit too bitter for what I want in the mornings. Definitely think adding just a touch of sweetness works - sometimes it's just a bit of maple syrup, or I use sweet coffee, and that does the trick.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, JLM said:

Need to stay off twitter in the mornings. 

I only found out recently that the slang term for anyone who isn't an out-and-out racist right-winger but supports them is "pineapple".

• Paid Members

I had a gammon awakening after I went to Fazenda, my local rodizio in Leeds. I thought I didn’t like gammon but it turns out I had never gammoned correctly before. Tender, juicy, flavourful rather than simply tasting of salt, it was a revelation. I am also no longer of dual heritage and am furious about boat people. 

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

On a slightly related note, my 10yo has gone gammon mental recently. It's all she ever wants for dinner, and it always strikes me that gammon is an old person's food (it's not obviously) and maybe she's just beyond her years.

Put some pineapple on it, blow her mind.

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, JLM said:

I had a gammon awakening after I went to Fazenda, my local rodizio in Leeds. I thought I didn’t like gammon but it turns out I had never gammoned correctly before. Tender, juicy, flavourful rather than simply tasting of salt, it was a revelation. I am also no longer of dual heritage and am furious about boat people. 

Churrascaria is the most caveman-macho food ever.

Barbeque is already "COOK MEAT WITH FIRE".

Brazilian barbeque is "COOK MEAT WITH FIRE...ON SWORDS, CARVED OFF WITH MACHETES".