Best videogame boss music

RedRooster

• Paid Members

The version of Jenova in the FF7 Remake is fantastic as well. Add me to the pile that prefers it to OWA.

On the subject of Final Fantasy, and somewhat cheating because it's not exactly a boss, I've always loved Something To Protect from Final Fantasy IX. It goes along my favourite moment in any Final Fantasy game as Steiner and Beatrix both realise their feelings for each other as they protect the city of Alexandria from an outright attack.

Another recent one though which genuinely has me welling up every time I hear it is the Colgera battle from The Legend of Zelda: Tears of The Kingdom. It's no secret on here the Wind Waker is my favourite Zelda and one of my favourite games of all time and how I became a Zelda fan. The moment this boss theme kicked in and that huge Dragon Roost Island motif comes in and honestly it's like my brain just goes back in time to being a kid sat playing Wind Waker for the very first time, I can see the light in the room and just feel it in my soul. A timeless beautiful track reinvented as an epic boss battle. Wonderful.

• Paid Members

I'll bring another Yuzo Koshiro banger to the table. This time from Streets Of Rage 2, when you fight against Shiva before the big fight against Mr X.

Also, not by Yuzo Koshiro, but a nice remix of a classic fighting game theme. This is from when you fight Shin Akuma in Capcom Vs SNK 2.

• Paid Members
Just now, TildeGuy~! said:

Yes! Capcom Vs SNK 2! My favourite fighting game of all time! 

It's so damned good. 

Also, here's the final boss theme from Okami:

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Dr. Alan Grant said:

@LEGIT Now you’ve made me want to go back and finish Returnal. 

I will never stop banging the drum for that game. It's tremendous fun to play, but beyond that the plot is as deep as a great piece of literature. There's a dozen compelling interpretations of what is happening and I've never felt sympathy for a video game character like I have Selene (the voice actress did an outstanding job too).

4 hours ago, FLips said:

On the subject of Final Fantasy, and somewhat cheating because it's not exactly a boss, I've always loved Something To Protect from Final Fantasy IX.

Talking of Final Fantasy IX, and Beatrix, the music for her boss battle is tremendous:

And while we’re talking Finak Fantasy boss battles, how could I not mention the Gilgamesh theme?

And the boss music for Final Fantasy XVI is the best Final Fantasy boss music in years, it really pumps you up for the fight:

Edited by RedRooster

33 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

I will never stop banging the drum for that game. It's tremendous fun to play, but beyond that the plot is as deep as a great piece of literature. There's a dozen compelling interpretations of what is happening and I've never felt sympathy for a video game character like I have Selene (the voice actress did an outstanding job too).

Sorry, tagged Legit instead of you. I bought it on release, but didn’t get too far into it. I really liked the roguelike aspect of it, I may have to make it my next game to finish.