UFC 298: Volkanovski vs Topuria - Feb 17 ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

wandshogun09

Who wins?   

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Have not been arsed for these past few Apex UFC's at all, used to watch every fight night without fail but I skip loads of events these days but I'm firmly back on board for this, tremendous main card.ย 

Old Man Volk's been having me laughing my chops off all week, from the first skit he did for the betting firm to the press conference, he's hilarious, and a top bloke from everything I've seen. We'll miss him when he jacks it in one day. 100% rooting for Volk on this one, love the guy.ย 

• Paid Members

Itโ€™s ironic because that picture wouldโ€™ve been a perfect choice for a โ€œitโ€™s fight dayโ€ photo in the last few Apex card threads. Donโ€™t think anyoneโ€™s gonna be nodding off watching this card. Iโ€™m even thinking of setting the alarm and watching the main card live, which I very rarely do these days.

Canโ€™t wait.ย 

IMG_7954.jpeg

• Paid Members

Yeah Iโ€™ve been that wrapped up in the main card Iโ€™ve been overlooking the prelims but youโ€™ve got Elliottโ€™s debut, Rinya Nakamuraโ€™s back in there, Dernโ€™s bum, Zhang Mingyangโ€™s debut. Thereโ€™s a lot to like. Kopylov vs Fluffy is on the main card though, Ebb. Opens up the PPV according to Big Marcel.ย 

IMG_7967.png

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

It's snuck up on me as I've been a bit checked out with all of the Apex cards lately, but I'll look forward to getting home from work tomorrow and enjoying this one for the Sunday evening. Should be a corker. Hoping no spoilers make it my way before then. Reminder to anyone that was unfortunate on the last PPV like myself, record whatever is on after it, since it cut off the entire main event of the DDP v Strickland fight. Not something that's happened me before but maybe it's some new nonsense.

Gutted about the result. Was it a sign of Volk declining? I don't know. He was quick to shut down any excuse making in the post-fight presser, but taking the two knockouts back to back isn't good after a career of being solid as a rock. Hoping for the comeback, but at 35 in a lighter weight class, maybe it's nearing time to grab the slippers and the black liqourice.

Pleased as punch about Whittaker looking like his old self after a less than stellar outing last time against the fake DDP.

Mackenzie Dern's Bum belongs in the Hall of Fame right alongside Wanderlei Silva. Congrats, Axe Murderer.

Bloody Cejudo ruined my multi after a great first round. 37 years old at 135, the cardio wasn't there for Merab's pace. He did well early but was breathing HEAVY in that second round.

Edited by Shane O' Mac Version 2