• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Railings. I'm learning about railings.

Hahahahaha, I absolutely love that rip-off of the intro sequence for The Tudors. Brilliant.

That bit she's walking around in Bloomsbury is very near my university, SOAS. Good little place to walk around - has the leafy avenues of academia without being crowded out by tourists.

How's this for a "dull" setting for work today, the Ordnance Survey HQ.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Some absolutely tremendous maps and bits and bobs in there but my phone was in my bag at that point and I cba to go get it.

Have a suitably dull pic of the Solent from the train for good measure.

spacer.png

On 12/20/2023 at 10:28 AM, cobra_gordo said:

I'm really in to visiting and going round football stadiums.

Ticked a belter off my list yesterday. We were out taking band promo photos in the evening for when our new album comes out later this year. We're all Rotherham boys so we decided to take them in front of Milmoor, Rotherham United's old ground. It's fallen in to disrepair but is still used on Saturdays for, I think, youth games. The whole ground is fenced off and barbed wire everywhere so it's impossible to get in to, even though Youtubers apparently keep breaking in to climb up the floodlights. We're all in our forties and unfit, plus my wife, my two sons and our drummers three young kids were all with us so scaling the fences was out of the question. We settled on just taking some pictures in the alley round the side of the ground, infront of the rusty fencing and peeling paintwork. 

After about 20 minutes we'd decided we'd got all the pictures we needed and were heading back to the car when two security guards turned up and asked what we were doing. As embarrassing as it was for us to say "We're taking photos for our band" they were sound and once they realised we weren't trying to break in had a bit of a chat with us. I mentioned we'd have liked to get a photo in front of the sign but couldn't get to it because of the fencing and they happily unlocked the gates and let us in. Pushed my luck a bit further and they let us in to the ground and basically gave us free reign. 

I've been in Milmoor a lot. It was the easy, cheapish day out of choice when I was a kid to go and watch Rotherham play and later in my teens I used to do weekly football practice in the indoor bit built behind one of the stands. I've even been to birthday parties in that ground but to be stood in there, with the evening sunshine streaking in, with my mates and all our kids running about on the pitch, who had somehow found a ball, was fucking magical. Can't thank the two security lads enough. We took pictures in the dugout, in the stands, on the pitch, it was amazing. A bunch of the photos were ruined as we were all smirking about how ridiculous a situation it was which slightly ruins the angry metal band mystique. Woke up this morning still thinking about it, can't believe it happened.

Here's one of my favourites. I'm the big lad in the middle.

IMG-3778.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just excitedly exclaimed the words “Ooh there’s a Lego fan event coming up in Manchester” I’ve never made anything out of Lego in my adult life.