Wrestling Awards - Best Podcast 2022

Frankie Crisp

Wrestling Awards - Best Podcast 2022  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Awards Moderator

I haven't listened to Wrestle Me since they "finished" WrestleMania. ("WrestleMania? Completed it mate"). What do they do now? I also felt like they were shilling for Paidos too much towards the end. I understand why but it does grate after a while. 

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Onyx2 said:

I haven't listened to Wrestle Me since they "finished" WrestleMania. ("WrestleMania? Completed it mate"). What do they do now? I also felt like they were shilling for Paidos too much towards the end. I understand why but it does grate after a while. 

A mix of different stuff - they did early 90s WCW for a while, then quite a big set of shows leading up to the beginnings of Attitude. I’m a couple of months behind on the Patreon shows right now so not sure what they’re doing currently. It’s the most expensive subscription I have for anything at the moment so I can’t afford to keep it forever, but I’ve been enjoying the content and the monthly(ish) newsletters especially.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

Though Wrestle Me has continued to be excellent, I agree that it's hard to justify a continued subscription; particularly in this climate, and since the offering has gone from "double Wrestle Me" to paying for one show per week, after they finished up covering Wrestlemania, along with a newsletter.

Their price point clearly works for them, so I can completely understand why it is where it's at. For me though, with a child on the way and with my mortgage and energy bills rocketing up in price, I can't justify doing anything other than dipping in and out of the Patreon throughout the year. 

I still think it's the best wrestling podcast out there, but...things are expensive right now.