The Weird & Wonderfully F**ked Up World of Combat Sports

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Had the idea for this thread as not a week goes by where I don't see some incredibly weird shit happening across the combat sports world through social media, thought i'd set up a thread to report back my findings, expect lots of rubbish, lots of sad shit, and maybe the odd bit of positivity...

first up:

LET ME BANG BRO.

Julian Lane has carved out a little niche career for himself through, TUF, bare knuckle boxing and becoming a guy clearly willing to fight anyone. Well he went over to Russia last night to fight a top Russian kickboxer and bare knuckle fighter called Vlad Tuinov, in a boxing match (Lane's debut).

20221008_071047.jpg.a9aab5a1acd28f8e50eaca604b4edbe1.jpg

Well let's just say Lane was in over his head:

What a left hook!

• Paid Members

yeah, he's found his lane.

Here's one from a few weeks ago. Remember Alexandru Lungu? big Romanian lad that fought in Pride and Cage Rage briefly. Well he's still active and recently fought in a domestic promotion. Nothing crazy about that, just two tubby funsters having a terrible MMA fight, but Lungu may be the first guy to ever win a fight by TKO without landing a single strike:

• Paid Members

you can't make this one up...

a few weeks ago Aleksander Emelianenko fought infamous mentalist Datsik in a boxing match in Russia. Datsik knocked Emelianenko out in 13 seconds, then for whatever reason, they fought again weeks later, in street clothes in a tiny ring, on Russian TV. I dunno if this was meant to be for fun or what, but Datsik didn't the memo...

Only in Russia 😕

here's the KO from the original fight...

Edited by Egg Shen

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

I didn't know where to post this, but I decided to put it here.

Gladiator's Challenge (OG promotion) are promoting the MMA debut of Zion Clark this weekend:

Fj91kMUVQAARmle.thumb.jpg.d85c71f448059b362b33783a871166e0.jpg

you might be wondering what's so significant about that, but it's simply because Zion Clark was born with no legs. No idea how this looks, or how it goes but a quick youtube search of Clark will show that he's an incredible athlete in his own and a truly inspirational character. 

Fj91kL8VEAAiW9z.thumb.jpg.df8bbaf6a34c0580b80e91fae9576adf.jpg