Fight Announcement Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

He's going to be the big tragedy story of MMA, isn't he? Given what acromegaly does to its sufferers, eventually destroying their mobility and shortening their lifespans, it's the kind of thing where I wonder if his sole motivation now is to make enough money for his family while he can, before either he can't walk any more, or he dies early. 

• Paid Members

Not an ‘announcement’ but there’s been a lot of talk recently of a Dustin Poirier vs Michael Chandler fight getting made. Chandler reckons they had a bit of a run-in at 276 a few weeks ago as well. I’d be happy with this fight.

I was expecting them to do Poirier vs Gaethje 2 but if they’re going with Poirier vs Chandler, that would clear the way for something like Gaethje vs Fiziev which I’d be all over. Not sure who that would leave McGregor’s return opponent to be. Nate Diaz or Poirier seemed the obvious choices but Nate’s likely gone after the Chimaev fight. Wouldn’t be surprised if we got McGregor vs Tony Ferguson. They’re gonna want to get McGregor a win and that seems like the most beatable biggest name for him right now. Unless they’re gonna just have him sit out and wait for the underserved title shot against the winner of Oliveira vs Makhachev. 

• Paid Members

280 just gets deeper and deeper. Look at this filth…

Charles Oliveira vs Islam Makhachev - Lightweight Title

Aljamain Sterling vs TJ Dillashaw - Bantamweight Title

Petr Yan vs Sean O’Malley 

Katlyn Chookagian vs Manon Fiorot 

Marina Rodriguez vs Amanda Lemos 

Belal Muhammad vs Sean Brady 

Beneil Dariush vs Mateusz Gamrot 

Zubaira Tukhugov vs Lucas Almeida 

Muhammad Mokaev vs Malcolm Gordon