Fight Announcement Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Marina Rodriguez vs Mackenzie Dern from last year wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t amazing either. Then there’s been others like Jessica Andrade vs Amanda Lemos that was scheduled for 5 rounds but ended quick. On the whole though, outside of title fights, the women’s Fight Night headliners have been mostly shite.

If we are counting title fights though, @Carbomb I’m surprised you missed out the GOAT women’s fight. 

5F999112-31B7-4356-9C7F-E5B9A0455C1F.gif

It's partly because I still haven't seen it yet. I knew I was missing something out, but for some reason I've just never got round to watching it.

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

It's partly because I still haven't seen it yet. I knew I was missing something out, but for some reason I've just never got round to watching it.

😯 

Get that fixed before the rematch at 275. Only a few weeks away now. If you’re not on Fight Pass, BT Sport have uploaded the full thing on their YouTube channel…

• Paid Members

Come on Jordan! 

Not the fight I was expecting. And what happened to that Ottman Azaitar fight? But this’ll do. Leavitt is certainly a more live opponent than Laddy’s last two. And there’s the added possibility of Leavitt knocking him out and celebrating in the most camp way imaginable, which you know will make it more embarrassing for the chubster. 

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

what French fighters does the UFC have under contract?

Ngannou, Gane, and Manon Fiorot are the first that come to mind.

Quick Google also reveals: Fares Ziam, and apparently Nassourdine Imavov - technically Russian (Dagestani), but began his MMA career in Paris. Alan Baudot, Zarah Fairn as well. 

They could, of course, pad out the card with American and Canadian fighters of French heritage, like Barriault, Poirier, and so on, but that probably wouldn't draw much of a reaction.

EDIT: I wonder if a guest appearance from Georges St-Pierre would go down particularly well, i.e. more than it would if it were in another country?

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members

Fiorot is fighting Katlyn Chookagian on the card. Which could be a great coming out party type win for her or a ball achingly, bubble bursting, dull points loss.

I’m guessing they’ll whack the few French fighters they have on there then just load the rest up with various European fighters.