Bellator 258 - Archuleta vs. Pettis (May 7th)

Egg Shen

Who wins?  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

cracking show that 

The main card delivered top to bottom. 

* Rumble/Augusto was a nutty one. Augusto has something for sure, seemed super athletic and not intimidated in the slightest by Rumble, especially fighting with a busted hand.  He paid for it in the end and got flatlined but id watch him again.

Great comeback for Rumble. The knock on Rumble has always been he lacked a little heart, hell of a front runner but crumbles under adversity, he fought through some here. This was better for him than a blowout.

* Sergio Pettis fought a blinder. I had it a competitive shutout. He just best Archuleta in nearly every exchange. Over 5 rounds Pettis is gonna be a tough nut to crack. I didnt expect this.

* Arguably the performance of MVP's career. Anderson is a legit challenge and he was just befuddled. MVP night not be the best fighter in the world, but he has a style that can make anyone look stupid if they cant deal with it.

20210508_130104.thumb.jpg.c61c95d4a7cff17c2c66b064ee6a8aa0.jpg

Props to Anderson for trying to fight on through that.

* Pitbull/Queally was a good scrap too. A great example of why its always worth trying to score damage. Pitbull was 2 rounds up but Queally gets the win via doctor stoppage. Queally called for a Patricio fight but he's more likely to fight Patricky again.

* Highlight of the prelims was Johnny Campbell who beat Henry Corrales then proceeded to threaten to murder James Gallagher. Nutcase.

Edited by Egg Shen

4 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

@jimufctna24 or @Egg Shen while I’m here, I thought you’d be the best to ask which Bellator fight is this from? Saw it on Twitter earlier and cracked up. 

F796BF0D-9018-4A35-93A9-5363A831C51A.gif

You can just about make out the Bellator 158 logo on the cage. 

So I am going to guess it's Francis Carmont vs Lukasz Klinger

Just getting around to watching this, has anything been said about how legal those elbows were in the Pitbull fight? Surely they were 12-6. Does it matter if the aggressor is on the bottom when doing them? I know Big John called them legal, but not sure how, as there was no angle at all put on them.

Was I the only one to notice how that picture they use for the Cyborg/Smith banner in the cage looks absolutley nothing like Cyborg? I think its been photoshopped to within an inch of its life.

• Paid Members

Just about to post that.

Rumble has always been an asshole, so I am not really surprised that he's been arrested again. 

Anyway, Rumble's arrest possibly opens the door for Nemkov vs Anglickas. Or perhaps even Nemkov vs Romero if the latter can get medical clearance. 

• Paid Members

Yeah, Rumble’s a prick. Exciting to watch but an absolute bellend.

I’ve got doubts on Yoel Romero’s fighting future, to be honest. Him failing the medical makes me wonder if the UFC already knew he was ‘damaged goods’ when they let him go. That on top of him not exactly being a spring chicken makes me question if we’ll see him in the cage again.