Belllator 256: A Fecking Pair Of Women's Knickers (9th April 2021)

jimufctna24

B256_22x28_KeyArt.jpg?1616806296

Main Card

205 lbs.: Ryan Bader (27-6, 1 NC) vs. Lyoto Machida (26-10)

125 lbs.: Liz Carmouche (14-7) vs Vanessa Porto (22-8)

145 lbs.: Cat Zingano (11-4) vs. Olivia Parker (4-1)

155lbs Dan Moret (14-6) vs. Goiti Yamauchi (25-4)

145 lbs.: Adam Borics (16-1) vs. Jeremy Kennedy (16-2)

Prelims

125 lbs.: Diana Asaragova (2-0) vs. Tara Graff (1-2)

135 lbs.: Cass Bell (5-1) vs. Jornell Lugo (5-0)

155 lbs.: Nainoa Dung (3-2) vs. Izzy William (4-3-0)

185 lbs.: Dalton Rosta (4-0) vs. Tony Johnson (9-0)

135 lbs.: Jaylon Bates (1-0) vs. Jeffrey Glossner (2-1)

145 lbs.: Talita Nogueira (7-2) vs. Jessica Borga (3-2)

135 lbs.: John Douma (4-2) vs. Will Smith (3-2)

145lbs: Cody Law (2-0) vs. Nathan Ghareeb (2-0)

This one does little for me on paper. Bader, Borics, Yamauchi, and Lugo are the only fighters on the card that I find somewhat interesting. 

Anyway, discuss away. 

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members

Good shout Jim, i was abit slow on the uptake with this one.

The prelim card here looks real thin but imagine there's some proper prospects sprinkled in there, ill do some research.

The main card is a strange one. Given Bellators recent progress this one feels like a card left over from 2018 or something. The Zingano debut might have felt a big deal a few years ago but i aint sure if anyone cares anymore?

Bader/Machida feels from a different era too. Bader's stock took a big hit when Nemkov wrecked him and Machida is entering the tournament off 2 losses at 42 years old. Hard to get up for this one even if their first fight was one of the highlights of Lyoto's career:

090_Lyoto_Machida_vs_Ryan_Bader.0.jpg

2 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

The prelim card here looks real thin but imagine there's some proper prospects sprinkled in there, ill do some research.

From what I've read, Law and Lugo are the standouts prospects on the prelim card. 

I have seen Rosa fight before. He fought on the undercard of the Mousasi vs Lima card last year.  Yet I can't remember anything about him. 

12 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

The main card is a strange one. Given Bellators recent progress this one feels like a card left over from 2018 or something. The Zingano debut might have felt a big deal a few years ago but i aint sure if anyone cares anymore?

Shes already had a Bellator match, it was a very forgetable match with someone who missed weight by 5 pounds. I remember watching it thinking the Zingano of old would have smashed this person, but Cat made pretty hard work out of it.

Cant see anything other than Bader smashing Lyoto in this one, either, despite Baders last outing.

• Paid Members

One part of a post I'll always remember is when there was a discussion about a long-awaited match (I forget between whom), and @wandshogun09 was doing one of his awesome run-downs of the history leading up to the bout. The bit I remember was when the match fell through because the opponent got injured, and they offered it to Machida - "but Machida was busy drinking piss, and wasn't up for it". 🤣

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Carbomb said:

One part of a post I'll always remember is when there was a discussion about a long-awaited match (I forget between whom), and @wandshogun09 was doing one of his awesome run-downs of the history leading up to the bout. The bit I remember was when the match fell through because the opponent got injured, and they offered it to Machida - "but Machida was busy drinking piss, and wasn't up for it". 🤣

Fucking hell you’ve got some memory. Think that was the whole Jones vs Hendo cancellation debacle that ended up with Belfort taking the fight. 

• Paid Members

I have a freakish long-term memory that retains useless snippets of information years later, but I have a shit short-term memory.

Also, I have a shit short-term memory.

• Paid Members

It’s a shame Bader and Machida’s primes never lined up. Machida was in or at least still near his prime when they first fought but Bader wasn’t quite there yet. Now Bader’s probably at his best but Machida’s winding down. Wonder what today’s Bader vs the Machida of about 2009 would look like. People forget about the aura and how tricky Machida really was at his peak. Hardly had a glove laid on him until Shogun solved the riddle.