Hardyz & Dudleyz & Edge & Christian: best non-gimmick matches?

dopper

I think it’s fair to say The Hardy Boyz, Dudley Boyz, and Edge & Christian are somewhere in the shortlist of greatest tag teams in the past 30 years.

I love their TLC matches, Tables matches, and Cage matches as much as anyone.

But today I was thinking about the best non-gimmick matches those three teams were involved in against each other or against entirely different tandems. And I struggled!

Edge & Christian vs Hardyz first time on ppv at King Of The Ring 1999 was good I remember.

I really enjoyed Dudley Boyz vs Eliminators at ECW Barely Legal but more as a quick spotfest to open the show rather than a classic tag team encounter.

Besides that, I’ve got nothing.

Are there some that I’m forgetting?

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I always enjoyed Edge & Christian vs The Dudleyz from Royal Rumble 2001. Strong opener, hot crowd and doesn't outstay its welcome. It was also one of the only VHS tapes I had so would get replayed a lot, so nostalgia probably has a lot to do with it. 

That was where the dudleys were "working with concussions" because E&C had walloped them with chairs in the build isn't it? I remember it being a fun little match. 

I always enjoyed Dudleys Vs Outlaws at NWO 2000, it's been years since I've watched it but it's another I remember as a solid little match, nothing outstanding but solid. 

The best non gimmick tag Bubba was in in WWE wasn't with D-von though, in my opinion. That goes to the 8 man at unforgiven 02 which is, from what I remember, a great by the book straight 8 man mid card match. 

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

That was where the dudleys were "working with concussions" because E&C had walloped them with chairs in the build isn't it? I remember it being a fun little match. 

That's the one, yeah. Lawler was a riot on commentary for this match too.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I always enjoyed Edge & Christian vs The Dudleyz from Royal Rumble 2001. Strong opener, hot crowd and doesn't outstay its welcome. It was also one of the only VHS tapes I had so would get replayed a lot, so nostalgia probably has a lot to do with it. 

This was the first one that came to mind for me too actually. That match is a lot of fun. I can see where the trouble comes from about picking many more non gimmick tags involving them though. There aren't many that really come to mind right away.