Bellator 250 - Mousasi vs. Lima (29th Oct)

Egg Shen

Who Wins?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Seriously I don’t know who to pick. It’s a great fight that I’ve been really neglecting giving much thought to or watching buildup stuff for some reason. I think having it on a Thursday throws me off. It was the same with the Cyborg fight last week. 

I don’t have a clue how it’s going to go. My gut is telling me Lima but when I think about how the styles match up I can’t even really put my finger on why that is. Could easily see either catching the other. I guess it’s Mousasi’s last couple of fights giving me doubt. He got dominated by Lovato and I didn’t think he looked great against Machida last time. But they’re completely different styles to Lima so fuck knows. They’ve both been inactive around the same amount of time as well. I’m giving Lima the edge but not by as much as most are from what I’m reading. 

• Paid Members

yeh im going with Lima based off current form, Mousasi could finally be on the slide and Lima may be sharper all around at the point. Dont see size being an issue though, Lima was always a monstrous 170lb.

How about Bobby Voelker on the prelims? name i hadnt seen in a while. He's been pretty active too which i didnt know about. He's gone 9-1 since leaving the UFC. At 41 i dont expect much but Voelker was always good value back in the day.

• Paid Members

That...wasn’t that good.

I had Mousasi winning clearly. Maybe 49-46. Mousasi got off to a strong start and Lima just never truly got back into it. He didn’t seem to have any urgency even late in the fight when it was running away from him. But I guess judging from him raising his hands at the end he thought he was winning. Somehow.

I didn’t see it but apparently the Hager fight was better than Mousasi vs Lima. Which is crackers really. 

I had Moose winning rounds 1, 2, and 4. I had Lima edging round 5. I could have scored round 3 either way. 

I gave Mousasi the opening round 10-8, as he dominated Lima throughout the round. So my scorecard was either 48-46 or 49-45 to Moose. 

37 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

That...wasn’t that good.

Let me have my moment ffs. 

I made myself look like a right plank last weekend with my Khabib/Gaethje prediction.

7 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

I didn’t see it but apparently the Hager fight was better than Mousasi vs Lima. Which is crackers really. 

Hager decided he was a boxer for 15mins and pretty much got beaten in every exchange, yet somehow still got a split decision win.

• Paid Members

Yep, odd main event. Neither man are known to really push the pace but i cant recall ever seeing two world class stand so close to each other and do so little damage. It doesnt help that both always kind of look like they cant be arsed. Maybe should have seen that going in, but this was a huge disappointment.

Mousasi's demeanour is probably would leaves him out of many people's discussions when it comes to talking GOAT's and all that, but the guys resume is insane, and he's been around forever.

Hager/Calton was probably the FOTN. It was far from being a good display of MMA but it was a fun sloppy slopfest. Hager looked the shits but proved he's tough, he got battered. All these crossover guys need these types of fights though, some guys have it too easy for too long and are fucked once they fight someone who offers some resistance (Bobby Lashley for example). Not sure if Hager will wanna continue aftet this, and he was gifted the decision but it was a decent watch.

IMG_20201104_144809.thumb.jpg.6541f08e4e54ef6729bdfe677b124167.jpg

Didnt enjoy seeing Bobby Voelker get smushed though, cruel piece of matchmaking.

Edited by Egg Shen