Bellator 250 - Mousasi vs. Lima (29th Oct)

Egg Shen

Who Wins?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

If you wanna put together superfight matchups amongst the current Bellator roster, theres not many better you could put together than this...

B250_1920x1080_KeyArtNEWTIME.jpg.81334e7d6b6449559426d31c9bb23faf.jpg

Main Card:

Gegard Mousasi vs. Douglas Lima (Middleweight Title Fight)

Henry Corrales vs. Brandon Girtz

Veta Arteaga vs. Desiree Yanez

Prelims:

Sabbah Houmasi vs. Bobby Voelker

Nick Newell vs. Zach Zane

Cody Law vs. Orlando Ortega

Johnny Eblen vs. Taylor Johnson

Jared Scoggins vs. Toby Misech

Adam Borics vs. Erick Sanchez

Ty Gwerda vs. Dalton Rosa

Jake Hager vs. Brandon Calton

Main card details are pretty scarce considering the show is less than two weeks away. It doesnt really matter given that main event though does it? still theres some main card regulars on those prelims so the main card may end up pretty solid.

In the main event they are fighting for the vacant Middleweight Title. Mousasi held until June last year until he lost to Rafael Lovato Jr. who subsequently retired and vacated. Now they've put together a super fight between Mousasi and current 170lb champion Douglas Lima.

gegard-mousasi-douglas-lima-bellator-sho

That main event has me all fired up.

I'll update this thread as we go...

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

My vote for Lima is due to feeling he's at the peak of his powers, and thinking that Mousasi is past that peak a bit. 

Today's Lima Vs Mousasi from 3-4 years ago, I'd pick Mousasi. 

Though saying that, you'd think that there should be a decent size advantage for Gegard. 

Great news. I'm excited about seeing him fight again, although looking at his opponent I think he's been fed another scrub. He only has a 2-0 record which is similar to Hager's I guess but still no real step up on competition compared to his other fights. It's much of the same. I'm hoping he wins though of course.

@Egg Shen

Bizarrely, Hager's fight is scheduled for the prelims:

MMAFighting:

The event takes place Thursday, Oct. 29 at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn. The main card airs on CBS Sports Network after prelims on CBSSports.com. Hager vs. Calton (2-0 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) will take place as part of the preliminary card.

I assume some of the prelims listed in the OP will form part of the main card. 

• Paid Members

ahh i assumed it would be the main card, if that prelims portion is correct who knows what they have lined up for the main card cause there are some solid names on that undercard.

Ive really been enjoying the prelim portions of Bellator recently, its easy to skate over it but when you look into them theres some real exciting prospects on them. They are worth watching if you have the time. The Thursday thing helps.

• Paid Members

Bellator prelims used to be pretty shite as well didn’t they. Occasionally you’d get the odd gem but it was usually just loads and loads of cold matchups between locals of wherever the show was being held. They’ve definitely stepped it up recently to where there’s quality more spread throughout the cards.