UKFF MMA Questions Thread

SBD

• Paid Members

I hadn't noticed one of these threads in here and I'm not going to lie 99% of it will no doubt be me asking random questions. It was either this or constantly harass the oracle that isย @wandshogun09ย 

I stopped watching 2013/2014 and have seen the odd fight and again thanks to @wandshogun09ย I am slowly playing catch up with key fights and cards.

Apologies in advance but you all seem a knowledgeable bunch

• Paid Members

Two random questionsย 

Firstly as his name has popped up on a few threads what ever happened regarding the Anderson Silva Steroid Saga, if I remember right he tested positive, denied it tested positive again and blamed it on medication?ย 

Secondly does anyone know what happened to the Cage Gladiators video library at all.ย 

Thanks

• Paid Members

Cage Gladiators? never heard of that. You have Cage Rage, King of the Cageย and Gladiators Challenge, are you mixing them up?

Looking back on it, how naff are the names of MMA promotions.

33 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Cage Gladiators? never heard of that. You have Cage Rage, King of the Cageย and Gladiators Challenge, are you mixing them up?

Cage Gladiators was shown on ITV4 back in 2008,ย 

At least four shows aired (that's all I have) and it appears to have been a north west promotion based out of Liverpool (three of the four took place at the Liverpool Olympia and I never noted the venue for the fourth). ย The main names that I recognise who fought there and went on to have some sort of career would be Paul Sass and Stefan Struve. ย On one of the shoesย Struve beat career jobber Colln 'Big C' Robinson, who looked like your stereotypical Cage Rage bouncer-type and even fought in the UFC once, getting TKO'd by Antoni Hardonk in a mammoth 17 seconds!

• Paid Members

I remember that Hardonk vs Robinson fight! It was whichever number UFC was in Newcastle and I was in attendance. Hardonk ruined him with leg kicks that you could hear halfway across the arena.ย Same night BJ bludgeoned Joe Stevenson.

Thereโ€™sย one for @Carbombย โ€˜s Fighters from Yesteryear thread. Antoni Hardonk. Totally forgot he existed until you mentioned him. Now Iโ€™m giggling at his name again like itโ€™s 2007.ย 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

surprised it hasnt shown up on youtube.

The Combat Sports Promotions channel on youtube is worth a look if you wanna see some old school UK MMA. Think its the entire Ultimate Combat library.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

surprised it hasnt shown up on youtube.

The Combat Sports Promotions channel on youtube is worth a look if you wanna see some old school UK MMA. Think its the entire Ultimate Combat library.

Ultimate Combat that's a blast from the past