The All New Cricket Thread!

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

There were a couple of nice bits on TMS after the all time England partnership was broken from people who were about when Cowdrey and May did it. A bloke was listening to TMS as a 9 year old (one of the first TMS's ever) who is now in their mid 70's.

My favourite part about the innings is Pope getting a duck on that track. He'll still be hearing about that when he's doing benefits dinners in 30 years time.

• Paid Members

The European championships are on and Norway just missed out on the final stages. Now, I'm not going to say their team is drawn from a particular cultural segment of their population that may not be most people's stereotypical image of Norwegians but...,

Screenshot_2.png

I'm also a big fan of the gloriously overblown format. Four groups of five. In each group everyone plays everyone twice (not home and away because it's all at the same ground), then you have fifth place vs fourth, winner of that vs third, winner of that vs second, then winner of that vs first to decide who advances. The four advancing teams then join last year's winners in the final group, which has the same format. If you're in group D, you could conceivable have to play 24 matches in eight days to win the tournament (though admittedly they are only 10 over innings).

Edited by JNLister

• Paid Members

I tell you what these test pitches can get a bit tricky in the 5th innings. A proper Multan meltdown after Duckett had given it a bit of a bash. It's going to be turning sideways by the time England bat again. A lot of pressure on Smith and the tail to get us up to as near parity as possible.