The X-Files

Devon Malcolm

I remember when X Files started on tv, it was a revelation.

I was at boarding school at the time (yes, yes, get it out of your system now) and there was one telly in the telly room, so everyone watched the same thing.  After that first episode, X Files was unmissable - everyone crammed into that room to watch each week's episode, literally sitting on the shelves and the window sills.

We were all obsessed with the series.  After A Levels my mate who was an aspiring film maker shot a parody of the series, with me and my then girlfriend as Mulder and Skully.  Mostly I remember running around in a full suit and coat in the middle of a heatwave in an abandoned army base shooting moody scenes and sweating a lot.

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, Loki said:

I was at boarding school at the time (yes, yes, get it out of your system now) and there was one telly in the telly room, so everyone watched the same thing.  After that first episode, X Files was unmissable - everyone crammed into that room to watch each week's episode, literally sitting on the shelves and the window sills.

We were all obsessed with the series.  After A Levels my mate who was an aspiring film maker shot a parody of the series, with me and my then girlfriend as Mulder and Skully.  Mostly I remember running around in a full suit and coat in the middle of a heatwave in an abandoned army base shooting moody scenes and sweating a lot.

The sequel to If.... we never knew we had.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Loki said:

In light of the current anxiety and general negativity going on in the world at the minute Loki you owe it to everyone to make these tapes available. 

54 minutes ago, ElCece said:

In light of the current anxiety and general negativity going on in the world at the minute Loki you owe it to everyone to make these tapes available. 

I wish I had a copy!  The director has the only copy, on VHS, although I believe he has the footage somewhere on Super 8.

• Paid Members

Watched Leonard Betts this afternoon, what a great episode that still is. Completely lunatic story that they just go absolutely full pelt with, and then brilliantly weave in a major plot point for future episodes going forward.

El Mundo Gira isn't very good though, although it's quite good the way they try and make it into a Mexican soap opera at certain points. They should have ran with that more fully.

• 1 month later...

Yes BAD BLOOD runs JOSE CHUNG'S FROM OUTER SPACE very close. I can flip between the two. I also always loved X COPS which I don't hea rmany people mention.

The two Darin Morgan episodes from the new two seasons are basically the only ones worth watching. Brilliantly funny. I wish Carter would fuck off and we just got Morgan writing a whole series of X FIles.