UFC 245: Usman vs Covington - Dec 14 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Even Dominick Reyes. The MMA fans at the presser absolutely giving him shit while cheering for Jon Jones. I mean, I'm a Jones fan as far as his fighting career goes, but I couldn't possibly cheer him when he's talking about other people being terrible. He's the fucking worst of the lot.

I don't understand for a second why dana is saying there will be a rematch for holloway/volkanovski when yes it went to the judges but max lost very clearly it wasnt exactly a close fight I gave 4 rounds to Alexander. I don't really see what you get out of a rematch, we should be looking to the next chapter straight up title defense.

Also and I know this will be split with people but the Aldo fight once again dana said he didnt agree with the judges decision and he is next in line for the shot with cejudo. You have just made the winner of the fight seem like a chump and said no matter what the judges said the loser gets the title shot.

2019 has been a very up and down year for the UFC alot of records broken and some fantastic fights and new world champions have been born and established but dana has been extremely unlikeable this year and contradicts himself whenever he feels. He always says don't leave it in the hands of the judges then he makes any fight that goes to the judges seem irrelevant now because they will do what they want win lose or draw.

• Paid Members

Dana’s always been a nob for that. It’s like he picks and chooses who ‘deserves’ an immediate rematch based on if they sent him a Happy Birthday text that year. He thinks Max should get an immediate rematch. He also tried to spin a potential Khabib vs Conor 2 as a legitimate immediate rematch despite Conor not winning a fight in years and getting spanked last time, to the point of audibly asking Khabib for mercy mid-fight. Meanwhile, after Amanda Nunes knocked Cyborg out he initially said he wasn’t interested in a rematch. Then later tried to argue that he’d moved heaven and earth to get the rematch made. This all despite Cyborg being a dominant champ who hadn’t lost in over a decade. He’s a big pink faced baby. 

And I hate that ‘don’t leave it in the hands of the judges’ bollocks. I get the sentiment but it’s so easy for him to say sitting on his fat arse on the sidelines. A fighter would obviously always prefer to finish a fight but it’s easy for Dana to tell them to take a risk to finish a close fight. But if they take the risk and it backfires and they lose, not only do they not get their win money, he’ll also be the first one to jump on them and criticise. 

‘Don’t leave it in the hands of the judges’ is almost as bad as when dumb fucks go ‘that should’ve been a split decision’. 

Edited by wandshogun09

2 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Dana’s always been a nob for that. It’s like he picks and chooses who ‘deserves’ an immediate rematch based on if they sent him a Happy Birthday text that year. He thinks Max should get an immediate rematch. He also tried to spin a potential Khabib vs Conor 2 as a legitimate immediate rematch despite Conor not winning a fight in years and getting spanked last time, to the point of audibly asking Khabib for mercy mid-fight. Meanwhile, after Amanda Nunes knocked Cyborg out he initially said he wasn’t interested in a rematch. Then later tried to argue that he’d moved heaven and earth to get the rematch made. This all despite Cyborg being a dominant champ who hadn’t lost in over a decade. He’s a big pink faced baby. 

And I hate that ‘don’t leave it in the hands of the judges’ bollocks. I get the sentiment but it’s so easy for him to say sitting on his fat arse on the sidelines. A fighter would obviously always prefer to finish a fight but it’s easy for Dana to tell them to take a risk to finish a close fight. But if they take the risk and it backfires and they lose, not only do they not get their win money, he’ll also be the first one to jump on them and criticise. 

‘Don’t leave it in the hands of the judges’ is almost as bad as when dumb fucks go ‘that should’ve been a split decision’. 

I couldn't agree more with you here. When he came out with the Conor/khabib rematch I shuddered at the idea. Why would you say that is the plan because that doesn't benefit anyone but the pockets of him and the UFC. I would honestly believe if that rematch happened Conor would get killed again and that would be the end of him. What they need to do with Conor now is see what happens with the fight with cowboy if he wins then you build conor back up and show him to be the monster draw he can be. If I'm the owners of the UFC I would want to get Conors energy and passion back in fighting for us and getting 2/3 big fights each year while we can before he gets too fucked up on coke and raped someone and ends up in prison. There is nothing good that will come out of the rematch with khabib 

• Paid Members

I could even get behind a Khabib vs Conor rematch, maybe, if there was nobody for Khabib to really defend against. Like if he’d cleared out the division and the top contenders were all rebuilding. Just going with the ‘money fight’ for the sake of it in those circumstances, I can live with. But 155 is so deep and quick moving, you’re never going to run out of contenders. Khabib vs Ferguson is an absolute must. But even if that fell apart, there’s Justin Gaethje waiting in the wings. 

Like you say, let’s just see how the first few months of 2020 play out. If Conor looks spectacular against Cowboy, we’ll see from there. I have a feeling he might not even go for the Khabib fight anyway. I’ve got a feeling he’s got his eye on Jorge Masvidal and that BMF bollocks. That would tally up with why they’re doing the Cerrone fight at 170 as well. 

58 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

I could even get behind a Khabib vs Conor rematch, maybe, if there was nobody for Khabib to really defend against. Like if he’d cleared out the division and the top contenders were all rebuilding. Just going with the ‘money fight’ for the sake of it in those circumstances, I can live with. But 155 is so deep and quick moving, you’re never going to run out of contenders. Khabib vs Ferguson is an absolute must. But even if that fell apart, there’s Justin Gaethje waiting in the wings. 

Like you say, let’s just see how the first few months of 2020 play out. If Conor looks spectacular against Cowboy, we’ll see from there. I have a feeling he might not even go for the Khabib fight anyway. I’ve got a feeling he’s got his eye on Jorge Masvidal and that BMF bollocks. That would tally up with why they’re doing the Cerrone fight at 170 as well. 

I just genuinely see the conor/khabib rematch going exactly how everyone sees it and ending Conors career because he will quit. I think the UFC have to look at the bigger better picture with McGregor and use him to his full potential for the next 2 years or so while they have him. A conor vs masvidal fight is something so exciting to me I am drooling just thinking about it. Even Conor looses that fight which I really think he might, the lead up/press conference back and forth between them two would be priceless and I think would have Conor in a far better less risky/controversial position than he would be in a khabib rematch. Remember the angle that he went down with the first fight well chuck into that mix the fact he lost in the way he did and the suspension and shit that followed conor is now that guy that takes too much coke and fucking says anything and everything he wants or feels and doesn't care who he offends. That never ends well for the future of Conor McGregor a fight with masvidal or anyone else does