UFC 245: Usman vs Covington - Dec 14 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

An update on Covington from Dan Lambert:

“He is a 10 out of 10 as far as what I would hope his mindset would be after a fight like that,” Lambert told MMA Fighting of Covington. “He wants to get right back in. He wants to get right back into training. He wants to get back into training as soon as he’s ready health wise. He wants to get back and prove that he’s the best.

“You never know how a fighter’s going to respond to something like that. When I first talked to him, I had my concerns cause you just never know. I could not have scripted his response any better than what I heard from him. He’s 1,000 percent positive, 1,000 percent motivated. He’s ready to go. He didn’t lose one piece of confidence in himself.”

“He came back to Florida to go see an oral surgeon here to figure out what he wanted to do,” he said.

“I’m not real familiar with what the different statuses are with the jaw but I know one thing, he’s a tough motherf*cker to fight with it for three rounds in that kind of stand-up war.”

Looking forward to seeing when he surfaces in 2020, and who's next for him.

Edited by David

• Paid Members

Finding the response to Covingtons loss a bit weird. He was clearly gonna take a shoeing, but so many people are still treating it like he went out and got embarrassed, when in reality he put in arguably the bravest performance of the year. Anyone who didnt find a new respect for the guy as a fighter after that is either lying to themselves or are just plain blindly hating.

Imagine the reaction if he had got embarrassed 😲

I can accept that he's a very good fighter and as tough as nails. In fact, I rated him as a fighter long before Saturday evening. 

But I can't say as I respect him in any way, shape, or form. Again, he comes across as a right prick and I don't find his shtick the slightest bit enjoyable. Ultimately, his personality outweighs anything he does inside the cage. 

What made me laugh was watching a bunch of fans clapping someone who crashed into a pregnant woman and did a runner, leaving her to die for all intents and purposes, and who was actually charged with battery of a female waitress, while he called a guy who's biggest crime is talking shit "a terrible human being."

Stand accused of rape charges? Punch a defenceless pensioner? Slap & choke a woman? Charged with domestic violence? You'll still not be as hated as someone who has the temerity to support Trump and make highly questionable comments. 

The mind boggles.

58 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

I think McGregor, Jones and Covington are all absolute cunts myself. There’s room on my shitlist for all three of ‘em. 

Yeah, I'm talking about the reaction all three get in general. It's insane that Colby is kinda the most hated from that group despite never actually doing anything to the level of the others I mentioned. 

It works the other way though. Some fighters have received a bigger backlash than Covington for a lot less.

Rashad Evans was hated by MMA fans in the late 2000s mainly because he had the temerity to rival Rampage. If anything, Rampage was the bigger cunt in their feud. By contrast, Covington was cheered over Usman this weekend in Vegas, despite being the bigger prick out of the two.

9 minutes ago, jimufctna24 said:

It works the other way though. Some fighters have received a bigger backlash than Covington for a lot less.

Rashad Evans was hated by MMA fans in the late 2000s mainly because he had the temerity to rival Rampage. If anything, Rampage was the bigger cunt in their feud. By contrast, Covington was cheered over Usman this weekend in Vegas, despite being the bigger prick out of the two.

I think "hate" is a strong word really when it comes to Rashad. I don't think there's many MMA fighters who are legit "hated", including the dudes I spoke of who have been associated to some pretty dodgy accusations and charges.

I'm not really looking for a reason for it, it just is what it is, but it's still fucking weird nonetheless.

12 hours ago, David said:

I think "hate" is a strong word really when it comes to Rashad .I don't think there's many MMA fighters who are legit "hated", including the dudes I spoke of who have been associated to some pretty dodgy accusations and charges.

When Rashad knocked out Liddell in Atlanta the atmosphere was very ugly according to those in attendance. It was similar, albeit for different reasons. with Lesnar at UFC 100. Those two were certainly loathed in certain quarters. 

And yes, MMA fans do typically have odd moral standards. I would not dispute that.