UFC 242: Khabib vs Poirier - Sep 7 🇦🇪

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

I cannot tell you the joy that swept through my abode when I discovered that if I'm watching TV via the Xbox, I can mute the TV and listen through the headset!

No fucking way I thought you could do that...jesus you have just saved me from future headaches and her moaning at me come 2am when I stay up to watch this stuff. Legend 

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Haha! No worries, man! Just try and avoid doing a Rogan and shouting “OH” when a big punch lands. Sleeping people don’t appreciate that, I found. 

I do that all the fucking time unfortunately I get far too into it..... last fight I stayed up for was the jones fight and my missus just ended up watching it with ne while staring fucking holes through me and thinking about her life decisions 

Based on little more than a hunch, I am sensing an upset this weekend. 

I have this feeling that Khabib will start strong, but then fade in the championship rounds. Poirier could then rally and score a come from behind win. Poirier can still turn up the volume when he wants to. This video from Jack Slack breaks down Poirier's win over Holloway:

So, if Khabib's old man is to be believed Khabib is earning between 3 to 3.5 times for this fight against Poirier what he did for the McG fight.

If his $2 million payout for ragdolling McG is a legit number he could stand to make between $6 million and $7 million. Not bad coin for a guy who doesn't make a living out of selling whiskey, wearing expensive clobber and talking insane amounts of shit.

Edited by David

8 hours ago, jimufctna24 said:

Based on little more than a hunch, I am sensing an upset this weekend. 

I have this feeling that Khabib will start strong, but then fade in the championship rounds. Poirier could then rally and score a come from behind win. Poirier can still turn up the volume when he wants to. This video from Jack Slack breaks down Poirier's win over Holloway:

I'll be honest I really do hope poirier can walk out with the win....im really not a fan of kabbib at all for alot of reasons but the main one being he's one of those fighters that is scary strong and his wrestling ability is that of a wild bear mauling a rabbit and is the sort of fighter that can and will dominate the top title scene and make it quite boring for me personally...  I really prefer a champion that is obviously incredible all round but I want someone exciting and a title holder that has the must see element that's not there for me with kabbib 

I've also grown to dislike Khabib. He'd probably be universally despised by now if McGregor, Covington, etc were not around to make him seem decent in comparison. Not many people speak positively about his camp. 

However, he does have a certain aura about him that makes his fights must-see. 

26 minutes ago, jimufctna24 said:

I've also grown to dislike Khabib. He'd probably be universally despised by now if McGregor, Covington, etc were not around to make him seem decent in comparison. Not many people speak positively about his camp. 

However, he does have a certain aura about him that makes his fights must-see. 

I do admit that he is someone you do feel you have to watch however he is massively disliked and for a good reason 

One of the main reasons he's massively disliked, especially in the west, is his unashamed religious lifestyle. A seemingly devout Muslim who energises fellow followers and inspires young Muslims is never going to be loved in the Western world.

I see a lot of people, especially on social media, spew absolute fucking hate for the guy, and when pressed about it they say something like "well, he made a homeless guy do press-ups" or some shit like that. Yeah, that's why you hate him Brad from Alabama. Your love and concern for the homeless.

He's far from perfect, he admits that himself, and considering where he grew up he's never going to win Liberal Athlete of the Year any time soon, but he's a hell of an athlete who carries himself with distinction, and who sets an example for people from that part of the world that there is other routes in life that don't involve a camcorder and a machete. 

I wouldn't say he carries himself with distinction. 

- He confronted and slapped Lobov in a hotel before UFC 223. Lobov received threatening phone calls afterwards and had to move hotels. 

- There was also the aforementioned incident with the homeless guy. That was a real scummy thing to do. 

- He was chiefly responsible for the post-fight brawl at UFC 229. The incident blew over quicker than some expected, but for a few days it appeared that it might leave a black mark on the sport. A similar incident caused the Strikeforce promotion all sorts of issues. Mayhem and the Diaz bros get lambasted for it to this day. 

I get that the last incident can be somewhat pardoned by McGregor's comments before the fight. But still. Khabib later admitted that he went after Danis because he was guilty by association, not because he had actually done anything seriously wrong. It was a similar case with Lobov. Lobov had made a fairly harmless comment to a journo that it was hypocritical of Khabib to call McGregor a chicken when he had pulled out of so many fights - hardly grounds for harassment. The homeless incident was seemingly completely unprovoked.

I used to be a fan of his. But the rivalry with McGregor outed both as massive bellends. Khabib is probably the lesser dickhead of the two, but he's still a dickhead. 

Edited by jimufctna24

If you honestly believe that most of the hate for the guy isn't based on his religion then you're being incredibly naive in my opinion. I obviously don't mean anyone on this forum, we're probably members of the most intelligent MMA discussion forum in the history of the sport, but on a wider scale. The dudes we see lambasting Khabib on social media are the very same types who throw out excuses for their favourite fighters carrying out hit & run incidents, who gloss over their favourite fighters getting busted for domestic violence and so on.

He's a proud and vocal Muslim. That doesn't sit well with a lot of people. 

Unfortunately we're in a age where alot of close minded people hate on people for there religious beliefs which in 2019 is just pathetic. I've got my own reasons for not liking him and who he worships as a religion doesn't cross my mind in the slightest.... you could worship aliens for all I care.....he's just not a likeable human being in the slightest like jon Jones and I'm very very excited to hopefully see him loose the belt tomorrow 

14 hours ago, David said:

If you honestly believe that most of the hate for the guy isn't based on his religion then you're being incredibly naive in my opinion.

No, I agree that some of the hate he gets on social media is related to his religion. And yes, a large number of MMA fans do have odd moral standards. Jordan Breen has talked about that in the past - and he's as close to the MMA community as anyone. 

Still, I'm not sure if the hate Khabib gets on social media is chiefly related to religion. I suspect a lot of the hate he gets is from McGregor fans, merely because he's the Irishman's chief rival. Of course, it does not have to be one or the other. When you have McGregor calling Khabib's wife a "towel", or whatever he called her, it doesn't exactly set a good example does it?