Singapore

MPDTT

12 hours ago, Guy Bifkin said:

Come on lads, tell us about the ladyboys

More of a Thailand thing. I did walk into a mall on one of my first trips to the 'Pore and got accosted by some rather scary girls who very much wanted me to pay for a massage. I was all sweaty and tired so I declined. I just wasn't in the mood for getting rubbed off at the time. Singapore is rather like the Disneyland of South East Asia, but it's not all that difficult to enter the realm of seediness if that's your desire. You just have to pay a fucking fortune for it. I hate to sound like a big old sexist, but Singaporean women are something else, man. You can sit in a bar on Orchard Road and simply marvel at their beauty. It's like a constant parade of supermodels. 

Edited by Brewster McCloud

1 hour ago, Brewster McCloud said:

You can sit in a bar on Orchard Road and simply marvel at their beauty. It's like a constant parade of supermodels.  

Now looking up Orchard Road on Google Maps :)

if you time it right you can get a decent price for a pint at Brewerkz at the end of Orchard Road. It's my go-to bar when I have to go to Singapore. They've banned smoking, though, the fuckers. If you're hanging out in Singapore, my advice would be to head to Little India or China Town. Get the MRT to Race Course Road and have a curry and a beer for 20 dollars.

Edited by Brewster McCloud

21 hours ago, Brewster McCloud said:

if you time it right you can get a decent price for a pint at Brewerkz at the end of Orchard Road. It's my go-to bar when I have to go to Singapore. They've banned smoking, though, the fuckers. If you're hanging out in Singapore, my advice would be to head to Little India or China Town. Get the MRT to Race Course Road and have a curry and a beer for 20 dollars.

Heading to Brewerkz now....can't pass up a bar recommendation.

Littl India was a highlight for me, so I'll probably go back for a last supper. Flight back at 11.45pm tonight.

Glad you had a good time, Singapore is a fantastic place to spend a few days back in a more organised environment away from Vietnam for me. I've found if you try not to drink or eat too much in higher end places it's quite affordable. Last time I was there we spent evenings sat in hawker centers drinking cheap beers and eating cheap food. People were more friendly too, in the bars around Clarke quay for example you only see the super rich and even then mostly their teenage offspring but it's more working class and sociable in the hawker places. Plus they will serve you a beer at any time whereas shops won't sell foreigners alcohol after 10.30PM.

You can find some decent hotels if you're willing to have a 20+ minute walk to an MRT station I found as well, if you get to know the bus routes it's no problem until late at night and then taxi's are plentiful or use Grab (Asia's Uber but with fixed prices)

35 minutes ago, simonworden said:

Glad you had a good time, Singapore is a fantastic place to spend a few days back in a more organised environment away from Vietnam for me. I've found if you try not to drink or eat too much in higher end places it's quite affordable. Last time I was there we spent evenings sat in hawker centers drinking cheap beers and eating cheap food. People were more friendly too, in the bars around Clarke quay for example you only see the super rich and even then mostly their teenage offspring but it's more working class and sociable in the hawker places. Plus they will serve you a beer at any time whereas shops won't sell foreigners alcohol after 10.30PM.

You can find some decent hotels if you're willing to have a 20+ minute walk to an MRT station I found as well, if you get to know the bus routes it's no problem until late at night and then taxi's are plentiful or use Grab (Asia's Uber but with fixed prices)

I had a great night by Clarke Quay. I found a Hooters bar there - didn't think that would exist in Singapore!

On 6/21/2019 at 9:54 AM, Brewster McCloud said:

@Brewster McCloud thanks for the recommendation. Best satay I had in Singapore.

http://imgur.com/a/f7FG8vN

We had 3 nights in Singapore as part or our honeymoon last September. It was incredible. We stayed at the Pan Pacific hotel which is basically across the bay from the Marina Bay Sands hotel. 

I can't recommend it enough. Haven't a clue what the road name was called, but around 7pm it gets closed and suddenly tables and chairs appear with chicken and prawn on skewers been cooked by the side of the road - with waitresses pouring beers out of their backpacks.

We went to Sentosa for a day also, which was pretty good. The water park was beautiful.

Those big fucking lizards shit me up though in the park. Monitor Lizards I think they are. Not for me, Clive.

My name is Neil Clark. On 12th July 1966 I was born at British Royal Air Force Hospital, Changi. My late pop pop was in the RAF and stationed there for a couple years. I’ve never had the good fortune to make a return visit, but an invisible bond connects me to the goddamn shithole.

Tom Waits - Singapore

Edited by SuperstarNeilC