Bare Knuckle Thread 👊🏻

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

official build up thing ^

also Brennan Ward is out of the Leben fight which is abit shit. Leben now fights professional stand-in Dakota Cochrane (fresh of KOing Jonny Hendricks in BKB).

• Paid Members

I thought it meant you just sign up to the channel and it’s included in the sub on there? So you could subscribe and get the month for a tenner, with this show obviously included. Is that wrong? 

I’m not signing up either way but that’s how I read it. 

• Paid Members

i think its just £10 for the month isnt it? Premier used to have One FC cards on, sure thats what they offered then.

anyways...

Final press conference highlights. I thought it may get crazier than that but they held it together. Paulie has really boxed himself in a corner here though, if he loses the backlash is going to be brutal for him.

Im really looking forward to it. In a time when fights are coming so thick and fast, for these two to have built intrigue and excitement should be commended, the amount of notable media at the press conference proves they've done a pretty stellar job.

If someone had told me 12 months ago that I'd be not only watching a fight card because of the involvement of Artem fucking Lobov, but that I'd be actively rooting for him I'd have told them they were stone cold crazy.

Yet, here we are.

• Paid Members

Im not really sure who's side i'm on. Im a big Paulie fan as a boxing personality and analyst, i think he's great. I also take his side when it comes to the whole Conor-spar debate, but here it feels like he's an actor you like playing a badguy in a movie, he's being such a knob about everything that i cant help but want to root against him. I'll probably make my final decision the night though.

• Paid Members

I want Artem to spark him. And I was fully on the Paulie side of things when this all started. Whether he’s just playing the bad guy or not, he’s coming across as a proper dickhead and the spitting and the talk about putting Artem in a coma and going on about the number of deaths in boxing compared to MMA as if it’s something to brag about has turned me right off. He clearly thinks he’s coming off as some badass but it’s been embarrassing. 

He’s been droning on that all MMA fans are dumb and all boxing fans are educated. Or something. Which is laughable. There’s a high percentage of knuckle dragging willys who follow both. He’s clearly still sore over the trolling he got/gets from the McGregor bumlickers so he’s lashing out and generalising that that’s representative of all MMA fans. He’s going to look a right berk if he gets battered here. After all the talking he’s done he’s put a lot of pressure on himself that probably wouldn’t have been there otherwise. 

So yeah, I’m not even a fan of Artem but I’d love to see him twat Paulie tomorrow night. It’d be hilarious to see Paulie have to face the media after all the shite he’s talked. As for what I think will happen, fuck knows. You’ve got one guy who’s washed up and retired from his sport vs a guy who was never that good to begin with and has about a 50/50 win-loss ratio. Who knows? Who the fuck knows? One thing I can see happening is trouble. There’s bad blood and there’s been a lot done and said. If Conor McGregor is going to be there as rumoured then I think it’s pretty much a lock that it’s going to kick off and get ugly at some point. 

• Paid Members

Yeh, i have zero idea whos going to win, thats partly the reason im so intrigued by it. Paulie was well washed when he ended his boxing career, hes talking like hes still in his prime though but its convincing. Hes gonna look a bit of a plum if he loses. 

• Paid Members

That’s the thing as well though, he’s giving it the ‘I’m gonna put Lobov in a bodybag’ bit as if he was a killer in his career. He wasn’t exactly fucking people up even in his prime. That wasn’t ever what he was about. Who did he ever batter who was really any good? He could well beat Artem because Artem isn’t much good. But he’s not smashing anyone up. That’s another reason a lot of his talk hasn’t done it for me. His fearsome destroyer schtick doesn’t tally with anything I ever saw of his bob and weave, jab and hold career. I get that he’s trying to sell it but it just not working for me, brother. My morbid curiosity means I’ll still watch it but fuck am I paying a bean for the privilege. 

43 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

going on about the number of deaths in boxing compared to MMA as if it’s something to brag about has turned me right off. He clearly thinks he’s coming off as some badass but it’s been embarrassing. 

He’s been droning on that all MMA fans are dumb and all boxing fans are educated. Or something. Which is laughable. 

Has he been saying all this for months? 

I ask because I watched an interview with him from yesterday. He claimed that boxing fans were more humane than MMA fans because there are more deaths in boxing. He added that the lack of deaths in MMA allows its fanbase to live in a cartoonish fantasy, where they can say horrible things about fighters without understanding the consequences. He then compared MMA fans to pro wrestling fans, on the grounds that both are "out there".

It was all complete cobblers. It's fine if he wants to take a pop at MMA fans. The MMA fanbase has its fair share of knobs. Especially online. But since when are boxing fans any different? The moral standards on boxing forums are similar to those on MMA forums. In fact, there is quite a crossover between the fanbases these days. Moreover, he's outed himself as a hypocrite with his comments about putting Lobov "in a bodybag".

Edited by jimufctna24

I’m like Egg Shen, i used to really like Paulie, but he’s been headfucked so bad by that clown Mcgregor that hes lost the plot.

Paulie will get smashed. He has no power. How will he beat Lobov? He isnt stopping him, he isnt navigating his way to victory dancing around the ring in that environment. I wouldnt be suprised if his corner pull him out when his face or jaw is mashed up and claim his paws are gone so he saves a bit face.