An 'All In' Thread

MPDTT

16 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

I see it as a unique event that, at least for me, is up there with One Night Stand '05 and Takeover:Brooklyn as a refreshing and unforgettable PPV that skewed expectations and gave something different.

that's an interesting comparison. as an occasion, you're probably right, but I rewatched the hell out of those shows with wide-eyed excitement, especially the Tanaka/Awesome and Bayley/Sasha matches. I don't have that feeling of wanting to re-live this particularly and there was no match of that standard, which you'd want from what was essentially a NJPW/ROH supershow.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
On 9/13/2018 at 9:59 AM, Accident Prone said:

No match on the show had anything as good as Bayley/Sasha though but I don't think it really needed it.

Hard to match genuine emotion in the building thanks to a fantastic story in the build, a match that organically became a big deal and came off as truly important as opposed to just being told that it's important. Surreal as it is to write, perception is reality and the NXT Womens title in 2015 was a far bigger deal than the NWA title is today.

• Paid Members

I've been watching some of the Starrcast panels and debates (picking and choosing, with really only about three I was actually intereted in. Whoever they hired to deal with audio needs shooting. It's all over the place.

My favourite of them all was the Death of WCW panel where RD Reynolds came across as some kind of secret Bischoff sycophant. I don't know if it's because he felt intimidated or what but Eric essentially did keep his promise to castrate RD (not literally, obviously) as RD spent most of his time praising Bischoff and saying how great he is or was while Bischoff just mugs him off the entire time. Bryan Alveraz - as much as I tend to dislike him on podcasts - probably would have done much better and they would have actually addressed specific issues in the book. As it was, it just became Bischoff going on about AOL/Time Warner and financial and creative constraints. He also had old man Kevin Sullivan there singing his praises as well. Eric's continued shilling of Guy Evans Nitro book might put some people off buying it but, in case anyone was wondering, it's well worth a read.

I feel bad for anyone that paid the extorbitant price to stream the shows and feel absolutley no guilt about watching the bits I wanted to watch for free.

Posted in the All In thread as there is a connection between the two events.

• 2 months later...

Archived