Outstanding Names

Gus Mears

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, gmoney said:

Sadly not real, but there's a hell of a regen in my current Football Manager save. 

If FM/CM is allowed, fond memories of the save-a-piece me and my mates had in 2000/01 at Uni where we picked a random Championship side none of us cared about (which took more discussion than you imagine) and wiped over it with the name of our Halls and created our floor as the squad. Most went under real names except we added our block's assistant warden as simply (first name) Rich (second name) The Warden as that's how we knew him, and our mate Matt we entered as his nickname (to us) - Hairy Scary. Because, 18/19 year olds' logic, he had loads of hair. It didnt even cross our minds that these new names would get regen as new players after enough years of the save. The first hot young prospect any of signed was natural goal-getter Michael Scary, closely followed by Clive The Warden and Dominic The Warden, then best of all.... Hairy Homer. Sadly, Hairy The Warden never materialised.

My own save was odd in regards to my own character... I made the England squad, was bizarrely named captain in only my third cap, then broke my leg in said game, was injured for yonks and never got picked again.