UFC 208: Holm vs De Randamie

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

ahhh maybe it is then, sure they listed them differently on the weekend's card though.

To be honest, what's on the website and even the poster may not even be correct. Just putting Silva's face alone of the poster would more than likely boost ticket sales. 

We will find soon enough I guess.

• Paid Members

This card got weaker. Derrick Lewis vs Travis Browne has been moved a week later to the Halifax Fight Night (originally going to be headlined by JDS vs Struve 2). I get why they did it, that Fight Night needed a main event. But it really takes away from this show for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Well this is 2 days away.

I don't think I can recall a UFC PPV with less fucks given. There are actually some decent fights on this and it's got Anderson Silva. It just doesn't feel must see, does it? Even with them crowning their first champion in a new division in the main event, there's sod all interesting in that division after this anyway thanks to Cyborg's bionic piss.

I'm looking at this as a strong Fight Night. It'll probably deliver an entertaining night of fights and it passes time until 209 which looks tremendous.

Inside The Octagon...

Holm vs De Randamie;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=Q6eQzYeN0Qk

Silva vs Brunson;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=z2KZ5Ih6oFY

Something popped up about Anderson's next fight on my suggested videos the other day. I honestly didn't know who he was fighting, or when it was going to take place. That's how much this card has slipped my mind. In 2017, I don't really care to see Anderson Silva fight anymore. His aura has vanished over the years, and the Middleweight division is better than ever - despite his decline. 

Still, the card has Jacare, Holm and Glover on it, so it'll be worth watching

• Paid Members

Mike - I don't look at PPVs in that way anyway. As you say it's all on BT for us. When I say 'weak PPV' I just mean the card isn't as good as PPVs often are.

I don't think it's a bad card. Far from it. But it's suffered a little bit from the loaded schedule at the end of last year. Fuck, I'd say from UFC 198 last May right up until 207 in December were mostly all amazing cards. So a 'pretty good' card following that lot is going to feel like a bit of a comedown. It's got its good points but the main thing hurting it for me is the main event. It's a really good fight on paper stylistically so there's that. But Cyborg's test failure has really knackered it for me because there seems to be absolutely nothing to look forward to in that division now she's out of the picture. Have they even booked any other women's featherweight fights yet? I couldn't name one other woman in the division at the moment. I'm assuming it's going to be consisting purely of bantamweights moving up, at least initially.

• Paid Members

The card has some interesting fights, it all feels very random and i like that feel about it. Like i dont think anyone ever called for a Silva/Brunson or Jacare/Boetsch fight. Im planning on staying up and watching live due to work on Sunday so im gonna get some hype down me to get myself excited for it.

• Paid Members

Seemingly in the minority but I think the main card's pretty good. I've got BT Sport so the moaning about it being a 'weak PPV' means nothing to me as I'm not shelling out $40 or whatever it is.

BT or not is irrelevant Mike. PPV's are supposed to be the cream of the crop when it comes to the UFC's calendar. There's only 12/13 a year.

Whilst financially we aren't taking a hit, the card is weak in comparison to what a ppv event should be.

However I am still looking forward to the odd fight here.

If you showed me the line-up for this card, and asked me what its status was, I would guess that it was a FOX card . It'll probably feel as such on the night. No harm done. I'm not being asked to pay for it. However, it it is punching above its weight being behind a pay barrier in the States. 

• Paid Members

Ebb is right, of course. We've been a spoiled bunch for at least a year now, so an event like this coming along every few shows is a minor annoyance. Nevertheless, this card is the worst PPV they've put on in ages. While I'm sure it will be a decent watch, it lacks any fights that feel moderately big time, which is why it's a rubbish PPV, BT Sport or not.

Archived