Andy Towsend's Warm Fuzzy Feeling

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

I was driving earlier and listening to TalkSport, Andy Townsend was on the weekend warmup. I came to a shocking realisation.

I like Andy Townsend.

I know everyone thinks he's shit, but I used to actually enjoy his platitude ridden commentary and he gives me a moderate levels of happiness when I hear him over the radio. It was like I was getting an audio titwank, though not from Andy himself.

Is there anyone who the world at large thinks is utter shite, but you like and why?

Bobby Davro, Josef Fritzl, the bloke who used to play Ben Mitchell. Let rip.

• Paid Members

Vince Russo qualifies for this right bro?

I know the guy's got a fanbase but he's widely hated throughout the wrestling world. I can't help but have a soft spot for him, i probably spend way too much of my week listening him waffle on but i can't help but find him entertaining to listen too even if i don't necessarily agree with what he's saying.

Vince Russo qualifies for this right bro?

I know the guy's got a fanbase but he's widely hated throughout the wrestling world. I can't help but have a soft spot for him, i probably spend way too much of my week listening him waffle on but i can't help but find him entertaining to listen too even if i don't necessarily agree with what he's saying.

I find myself listening to him most days, he an entertaining fella even when he's just spending an hour shooting on his family. Scarily, I find myself agreeing with him a little too much, Disco even moreso.

Russo could murder my entire family and tell me for an hour straight about how it was "good business bro!" And I'd fall for it. The guy draws you in, he has a charm and can convince you his argument is right. It's later on when you realise he's deluded and full of shit.

• Paid Members

I like Andy Townsend.

Reported.

Does Bruno Mars count? He makes all the women think you're a shit husband/boyfriend because you don't write gushy music like him, but I can't dislike the guy. He seems nice enough and I'll be buggered if he doesn't make nice catchy (albeit overplayed) pop music.

Russo for me as well. Not only does he seem like a decent person in a really weird way but to this day the whole 'needs a filter' thing still applies to him and if that's done I think he still has contributions to make to the business. He's just too crazy not to be writing for pro wrestling, isn't he? It's the job he's been maligned for and it's still the only one he should ever have. Just give him loads of filters. Whatever. Fine. But there's bound to be a few suggestions a year there that'll improve a stretch of Raw.

Robbie Williams is another. I wouldn't listen to his music or anything but uh... yeah. He seems decent. I'd peg Timberlake as his American equivalent but I think with his grand acting and liking playing Halo and stuff he crossed a good few years back into the 'good egg' category.

• Paid Members

Danny Dyer. I love the man. I have all his movies on DVD (Human Traffic, Severance, Malice in Wonderland, Is Harry on the Boat, Football Factory, The Business and Vendetta are broody marberrous movies), I watch Eastenders primarily for him, I have his autobiography and his other 'Films of Danny Dyer' book, and he has a bulge that looks like he's hiding Kuato from Total Recall down there.

I've always stood by the man for reasons I won't get into, but Danny Dyer is my Andy Townsend.

I was driving earlier and listening to TalkSport, Andy Townsend was on the weekend warmup. I came to a shocking realisation.

I like Andy Townsend.

I know everyone thinks he's shit, but I used to actually enjoy his platitude ridden commentary and he gives me a moderate levels of happiness when I hear him over the radio. It was like I was getting an audio titwank, though not from Andy himself.

Is there anyone who the world at large thinks is utter shite, but you like and why?

Bobby Davro, Josef Fritzl, the bloke who used to play Ben Mitchell. Let rip.

I did a gig with Bobby Davro. I wanted to hate him, his comedy is that horrible light entertainment, impressions, innuendo, singing songs stuff that my generation of jaded, cynical, leftist comedian has been taught to despise.

But you know what . . . he is the most disarmingly delightful man I have ever had the privilege to be around. He greets you warmly like you're an old friend, compliments you on everything you do and just seems so genuinely happy to be entertaining people. I now love the man. He knows what he is and he's proud of that. 100% genuine and lovely.   

Danny Dyer. I love the man. I have all his movies on DVD (Human Traffic, Severance, Malice in Wonderland, Is Harry on the Boat, Football Factory, The Business and Vendetta are broody marberrous movies), I watch Eastenders primarily for him, I have his autobiography and his other 'Films of Danny Dyer' book, and he has a bulge that looks like he's hiding Kuato from Total Recall down there.

I've always stood by the man for reasons I won't get into, but Danny Dyer is my Andy Townsend.

Haha, a giant love of Danny Dyer is just a perfect evolution of your UKFF character. He did nail drug paranoia in Human Traffic. That bit at the end always genuinely freaked me out where he's more or less losing his mind and asking for a bit of help but his mates laugh it off.

"Darth Vader wants to conquer outer space. Yoda wants to explore inner space."

• Paid Members

I was a massive fan of when DD was at the swimming pool on Eastender's a few months ago. You'd think with his reputation he'd be packing heat, but no. There he was, skin like an underdone Pukka and with a sizable darby, doing bombs into the pool like he'd been watching Peter Kay's John Smith's advert on repeat.

Archived