Book Nakamura's Debut Year

Michael_3165

• Awards Moderator

I'm one of these people who'd not seen him until a few weeks ago, he won me over almost immediately and now I think he's amazing, but I've got no idea what the best thing to do with him is. A guy that charismatic should be seen by as many people as possible, which he just won't be in NXT, so part of me says shove him on the main shows and push him to the moon, but another part of me that's a bit more sensible knows that in the reality of present-day WWE that just isn't going to happen, and the last thing I'd want is him joining Club 50/50 or being met with apathy from the general audience (which he well might because I really don't know how they'd take to him), so a third part of me then thinks he's better off sticking around in NXT because even if it's an utter waste of him if he's appearing regularly at Full Sail (who don't deserve him quite frankly) he's going to be in the best possible environment for Takeovers against Balor, Joe, maybe Itami. Then I run out of top people to put him against (he should be taking the title off Finn in June in my mind), and I cast my eye to the likes of Styles and the best guys on the main roster (Nakamura vs Cena, can you imagine)… and I really can't think what the best thing to do is.

In summary, fuck knows!

• Paid Members

I don't know how I'd book him exactly and I'm not that bothered because I'm not a huge fan yet.

However, given his name value, background and the quality shown on his debut, I think any time spent in NXT is just pissing around. They are desperate for stars and he carries himself like one. I'd get him straight onto the main shows and either pull the trigger on a massive surprise title win or get him on a winning streak against second level guys building to a title match at SummerSlam or Survivor Series.

Winning streak is the way to go I think.

I think one of the most important things is we shouldn't see him wrestle every week. He brings the big fight atmosphere second only to Lesnar and Cena. When he wrestles you need to know what is about to happen is important and it's time to pay attention. No rematches, no loses and only squashes on TV.

I want him in the Wrestlemania main event next year, either against Lesnar, Reigns or Cena.

Have him debut in a Rangers kit and he spends the next 6 months taking set pieces. After months of hitting the legendary "postage stamp", it all leads to a big 'Mania showdown with Nakamura v Nakamura. Alan Thomson and John Hartson turn up in Rangers shirts, only to rip them off to reveal they've always been one of the bhoys. In peril due to the viscous target man prowess of Hartson, Jorg Albertz suddenly appears from under the astro turf ring, he arrives with his left foot and a can of Tennets Super, which he toe pokes towards the skull of Husky Hartson. Hartson falls to a knee, while Thomson somehow pulls his hammy. Celtic Nakamura is stunned as the crowd chant "holy shit" and "mon then" as Jorg Albertz stands looking like he's done 10 years of crack with Raven, as this is happening Rangers Nakamura chugs down the Super and suddenly looks like he could go another 5. Celtic Nakamura turns around and gets an eye full of Super spat in his face and a Bomaye. 1.. 2..3... "With a tear in my eye".

Deffo, but I would have Gazza coming out with some KFC and a fishing rod and then make flute gestures

• Paid Members

He debuts on the main roster, but due to a misunderstanding by Vince to the meaning of the term 'Strong Style', he's stolen Simon Gotch's strongman gimmick, and tries to join in with the Vaudevillains, leading to all kinds of cultural misunderstandings, before he eventually turns on them and starts spraying mist at people and sneak attacking them from behind. 

Archived