UFC 196: McGregor vs Diaz

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I'm also with d-d-d-dAz in that my certainty that Conor is winning is starting to waiver. I knew it would happen. I can't help it. Whilst I'm still more sure that Conor will win this fight than I have been for his last two, there's something about Nate Diaz when he's on. If he finds his rhythm and starts using his reach then he's a tough fight for anyone. It all just depends on which Nate shows up.

Imagine if Nate wins though. What the hell happens next?! Rematch at UFC 200?

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No chance Nate isn't gonna end up with at least a million. Everyone gets a cut of the PPV revenue, dependant on where your fight is on the card, that is on top of a guaranteed fight fee. This shows shaping up to probably be there 2nd or 3rd biggest PPV buyrate they've ever had so Nate will be sorted.

• Paid Members

If everyone on the card gets a cut of the pay per view revenue, dependant on where they fight on the card, then that's the first I've ever heard of it. I don't think that's the case at all. You have a load of top guys who get pay per view points written into their contracts, and loads of non-disclosed bonuses as and when the UFC brass decide to give them out, but no-one has ever suggested that all fighters get differing levels of PPV revenue bonuses. Where have you heard or read that?!

• Paid Members

I've said it before, this shouldn't be a shock if Diaz wins. His boxing is incredible and he could easily shut McGregor down with the size and reach advantage.

Work that in with his ground game its just a really dangerous fight.

However, McGregor will take this in 2 or 3 rounds. The important thing will be avoiding the ground and I don't think Nate has the power to finish McGregor.

Furthermore Conor has a serious chin so will be able to take some damage to get in range of Diaz.

Regarding pay, Diaz will be on serious cash. Just look at Chad Mendes who stepped in. He was on 40/40k previously, but he received 500k flat for his fight with Mcgregor.

Edit: Seanz..where on earth did you get that from? Only the big stars get ppv points.

• Paid Members

Everyone gets a cut of the PPV revenue

No they don't. Champions do, and people with good deals (like Conor) do (before he won a belt). Nate was guaranteed low 7 figures, Meltzer said - no PPV cut. Just a hefty payoff.

• Paid Members

Yeah and even the fighters who do get PPV points, it varies and they're on different rates. I remember during the Eddie Alvarez UFC vs Bellator bidding war some of that stuff was made public. Like you'll get a bigger cut depending on how well the show does. So you might get $1 per buy if the show does under 300K buys, $2 per buy if it's between 300-500K, then maybe $2.50 per buy if it does over 500K buys. It was something like that for Alvarez I think. So you can only imagine what someone like Brock Lesnar, GSP, Ronda Rousey or Conor McGregor got/get.

Outside the champions, only rare exceptions of stars get the PPV cut as far as I'm aware. And even then, I think it varies still. I'm sure I read that for some guys the PPV points only kick in if their fight is featured in the main or co-main event spot on a PPV. Can't remember for certain but I THINK Urijah Faber had that in his deal. Hence why he wasn't arsed when he was put on the FS1 prelims a few times rather than the main card on big PPVs, because if he wasn't going to be in the main or co-main event, his money would be the same on the prelims as it would be on the lower end of the PPV main card. I think Chael Sonnen and Dominick Cruz might've had the same stip.

• Paid Members

Awesome scuffle. You knew it was coming. It doesn't take much for Jake and Nick to start a brawl, does it? Flashbacks to Strikeforce in Nashville. Dana and Lorenzo have got to be secretly happy with that. It's taken an already amazing fight and pushed it to the next level. I can't wait for the weigh ins now. Just a shame Ido Portal didn't hit Nick with a pool noodle.

Archived