WWE Elimination Chamber 2015 Discussion. *SPOILER ON WWE APP*

tiger_rick

Staying up for this one. First time on years watching a ppv live not called wrestlemania. Reckon it's gonna be screwy finish central though. More of a builder than a pay off show. Cannot get used to the times though. Thought pre show started at 11 so switched on at half 11 to catch the second half and this week in wwe just started. So the pre show is at 12 really I'm tipping. Gonna be tired tomorrow but fuck it I don't do much at work anyway.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there anyway to watch the show on a iPhone without using the WWE Network, I'm staying at a hotel and I only have my phone my bank card hasn't been activated yet so I can't sign up the the Network, iv tried streaming sites but they don't work I guess because I'm using a phone. Thanks

I enjoyed the tag chamber match love a good clusterfuck of match like that.

Owens - Cena was just great to see and bloody good match I thought. chuffed to bits Owens went over. Cena's a loud cunt at calling spots though isn't he?... almost Paige level bad at it. Fuck I was convinced Cena was ganna take a package pile driver for second there.

Can't think of a worst chamber match than that I.C one.. Shit wasn't it?

Main event was fantatsic other than the bullshit ending which I totally fell for... I blame it on tiredness.

• Paid Members

A really decent show again. I'd say a bit short of it's potential but brilliant if we're calling this a "C" level event.

Laughed at Lawler calling Cole "JR" in the opener and then trying to backtrack. It was pretty good but a bit of a clusterfuck in the middle. Kalisto's big spot fell flat. I really got behind PTP. Actually made me believe they might win. Cesaro was the star with that incredible uppercut to the top rope and phenomonal dropkick. Enjoyed the 4 on 3 suplex spot. Contrived but fun.

Anyone pick up on Cole's history lesson of how Shawn Michaels returned after a five year absence a Survivor Series 2002 and won the title in the Chamber?

LOVED Owens/Cena. Owens was fantastic. He's making a fan out of me. He might look like shit but he's quick and agile and completely belies it - unlike a Tensai for example. Not sure we need another fucker doing a superkick though. Way to protect his finisher. Kicked out of in the first match! I know everyone kicks out of the AA, now can add Cena to the list!

The crowd reaction to the finish really made it. That was priceless. Cena is such a great company guy. He made Owens here. They cannot drop the ball from here.

Second Chamber match took an age to get going. The replacement was flat as fuck. I like Menry but he's not worth investing in at all. He'll turn in two weeks and be on the shelf in four. Didn't think they used the Chamber anywhere near enough. Three ton of chain and they throw Ziggler into plastic twice! The spot to release Henry was cool though. Good job the randomiser knew he was out of his cell though! Brilliant to see Ryback go over. Not sure the crowd could see everything - they didn't react at all to his big near fall off the white noise outside. Not bad but not great.

Main event was a plodder that took time to get going. Developed into their usual cracking back and forth. Missed a trick not letting the finish stand until Raw. Great after-match though. Roman & Deano looking like stars.

Whisper it but they're on a little roll right now.

• Paid Members

That main event finish was total bullshit.

You just knew it was coming though.  It was either that, or they'd make the same decision tonight on Raw instead.

O yeah but it would have been alot more heat if the did it on raw, let him come out to celerbrate winning the belt ect, then take it away from him

• Awards Moderator

Preface to this post: I should really just have written 'I agree with tiger rick'.

I'm off work today, so when I woke up this morning, I stayed in bed and watched this show on my phone. Didn't even have to get up to get the laptop. God bless the WWE Network.

Anyway...

Tag Team Elimination Chamber was alright, nothing particularly special. Cesaro was excellent, and the Ascension looked like a decent threat too. Kalisto's big move did fall a bit flat (I agree with tiger rick), but I don't know whether that was partly because I've been powering through as many Chamber matches as I can this week and I saw John Morrison do virtually the same thing yesterday.

(Incidentally rick, Cole's comment about Shawn Michaels and his five-year absence wasn't a one-off - he said it in previous Chamber matches as well. Officially, of course, he's right, because that Summerslam match was Non Sanctioned…)

I would have liked Kidd and Cesaro to win, but I'm glad the Primetime Players didn't - they just didn't click for me tonight. Most of the other teams came in and did some nifty teamwork, whereas these two felt a bit separate from each other.

Very quiet crowd, too (I agree with tiger rick). For a lot of that show there was that one lonely neck beard trying in vain to start chants.

And that's another thing - I'm getting sick of audiences that chant all the time. It might also come from having watched previous Chambers, but the thing you notice through the last decade of WWE is that the amount of chanting has increased as the lack of genuine engagement - cheering, applauding, booing, etc - with what's happening in the ring/Chamber has decreased. When you're chanting, you're not really focused on what's going on in the match, you're focused on your chant. You can't cheer your guy, you can't boo the other guy, you can't applaud or go 'ooooh' at a big move, because you're busy chanting. And when you're chanting all the time, there's a schism in that connection and I find it harder to engage as a viewer. Half the time tonight the wrestlers were just running through things while the audience chanted stuff (and this is a big problem in NXT as well). How are you supposed to work with the crowd and feed off them when they're not really paying attention to the match as much as they are their clap-clap-clapclapclap? It's becoming a pet hate.

Back to the show… Divas match happened. Nikki needs some new opponents, she's been champion for ages. Charlotte?

Owens vs. Cena was very good indeed. Liked it a lot. (I agree with tiger rick). Owens vs. Ambrose will be great if it ever happens.

The Red Arrow looked nice but I don't have much to add about the Neville-Dallas match.

IC Chamber match was dull. As in, I did the 30-second-skip-ahead thing quite a lot throughout. Boring. I think the main reason was that I've seen most combinations of these guys endlessly in recent months, and they didn't really do anything different in the new Chamber environment. I've gone right off Ziggler recently. And why on earth Sheamus didn't just kick in the door and break out of his pod when he was locked in, I don't know. I was waiting and waiting for him to do that and then he appeared to just jimmy it open with his necklace?

The right man won, though. Ryback as Intercontinental Champion should have potential.

Main event took a while to get going (I agree with tiger rick) but was good when it did. I didn't mind the ending at all - I had a feeling that title change wasn't going to last long! I would have been quite happy with Ambrose as Champion, though, I think he'd be good.

That all sounds quite negative, but Owens vs. Cena made the show worth watching. Really good match.

• Paid Members

IC Chamber match was dull. As in, I did the 30-second-skip-ahead thing quite a lot throughout. Boring. I think the main reason was that I've seen most combinations of these guys endlessly in recent months, and they didn't really do anything different in the new Chamber environment. I've gone right off Ziggler recently. And why on earth Sheamus didn't just kick in the door and break out of his pod when he was locked in, I don't know. I was waiting and waiting for him to do that and then he appeared to just jimmy it open with his necklace?

He'd used his pendant to trap the door shut so that the other guys beat the shit out of each other while he got a longer rest. Smart lad old Sheamus.

• Awards Moderator

He'd used his pendant to trap the door shut so that the other guys beat the shit out of each other while he got a longer rest. Smart lad old Sheamus.

Ah! Right then, I missed that totally. Clever move.

LOVED Owens/Cena. Owens was fantastic. He's making a fan out of me. He might look like shit but he's quick and agile and completely belies it - unlike a Tensai for example. Not sure we need another fucker doing a superkick though. Way to protect his finisher. Kicked out of in the first match! I know everyone kicks out of the AA, now can add Cena to the list!

To be fair, it's John Cena who kicked out of it.  He'd kick out of a train hitting him the first time.

I thought the IC match was a mess.

It seemed as though they were waiting on doing a spot where they'd all team up to confront Sheamus when he exited the pod, but they appeared to do it 90 seconds early and then awkwardly started fighting each other. And Ziggler just kept loudly calling spots and chatting to the ref. I don't really care about spot-calling too much, but Ziggler was doing it in the immediate aftermath of taking moves.

Just a mess.

Loved the Tag one and the Cena/Owens match though.

Archived