Terry Funk ill with pneumonia

LSM

Thought this was thread worthy:

By all accounts Terry Funk is suffering from pneumonia.

https://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/report-terry-funk-ill-with-pneumonia/Link to the story.

http://www.legendsofthering.com/Link to the convention he's pulled out of and that he's retired from all making pubic appearances.

Hopefully it's not a serious case and The Funker can pull through!

Jeez, I wish him all the best for a swift recovery. Genuinely the nicest guy I`ve ever met in the world of wrestling, met him at FWA Uprising at Coventry Skydome, he had all the time in the world to chat in that softly spoken, calm manner that he has. He spoke about his career, how he thought fans in UK had the passion of the ECW fans of old, among other things & it was like talking to an older relative telling you war stories or things that happened back in the good old days.

"Genuinely the nicest guy I`ve ever met in the world of wrestling"

"he had all the time in the world to chat in that softly spoken, calm manner that he has"

"it was like talking to an older relative telling you war stories or things that happened back in the good old days."

This description of him I couldn't agree more with. The very first time I went to the States was for a convention he was attending. He was one of the main reasons I was going. Just by sheer chance we were staying in the same hotel together. Terry was right in front of me for breakfast & I said hello out of general politeness. I was left gobsmacked when he invited me over to his table for breakfast. We must have been talking for a good 15/20 minutes before some of the other wrestlers came down. I told him he was one of the main reasons for making the trip and he was very humble. 

• Paid Members

Its a shame, but how is the health of Terry Funk I and Terry Funk II?

I've heard he's fine by the way. He's a 70 year old bloke who just had both his knees replaced to prolong his wrestling career who had to pull out of a match in Japan because of pneumonia. That sentance alone sounds mental.

• Paid Members

He's the only wrestler who I have never heard a bad thing about. All the shoots I have listened to he has been mentioned with nothing but reverence. A hell of wrestler, can do any style and entertaining as hell. Really hope he pulls through this.

Its a shame, but how is the health of Terry Funk I and Terry Funk II?

I've heard he's fine by the way. He's a 70 year old bloke who just had both his knees replaced to prolong his wrestling career who had to pull out of a match in Japan because of pneumonia. That sentance alone sounds mental.

He pulled out and his 74 year old brother has stepped in! 

Mad, mad family.

Archived