Convention/Signing Appearences/Evenings With Thread

UberTekkers

2 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Haven't heard much about this. Was it bad? 😔

I'll preface this by saying I wasn't there myself but a friend of mine was and also I've seen the social media complaints. Essentially this issues are as follows:

*Oversold tickets

*Too small venue

*Lack of staff

*Lack of signage

*Staff who didn't know what was happening.

*Hours delays in getting into the Venue (this resulted in people missing autograph and photoshoot slots).

*Being told missed photos/autographs will be refunded only to have the application for a refund refused.

The promoter has also since locked all comments sections on all posts on the Wrestlefest Facebook page & group and has started deleting negative comments. The Twitter page has also been deleted.

By all accounts a lot of pissed off talent including Tyson Fury and Bret Hart.

Declan Kellett was the promoter for this show and from what's apparently coming out he has a bit of a shady past and was named in the Speaking Out movement on top.

I was there and I've never been to anything as disorganised in my life.

It's summed up pretty well above and also in this Twitter thread:

I was "lucky" and got everything I went for but only by constantly badgering the two idiots "organising" it to find out what was happening and where. 

A few bits I encountered (either first hand or talking to other people there) not mentioned in the other threads.

- Adrian Street and Linda had been sold as an auto/photo combo ticket (unlike anybody else). They were just shoved in the corner of a room without any event staff to assist them. They had no idea what the tokens were for and as far as I know, no photo session took place for them.

- Venue security staff getting into shouting matches with the organisers and asking where they'd been all day

- One of the organisers screaming at event staff and storming off

- Nick Aldis / Mickie James Autograph session being moved to the cloakroom as Bret had over run by about an hour. Nobody had told the shocked cloakroom attendant when a load of people suddenly appeared. Then after waiting there for about half an hour, they announced that the Nick/Mickie photos were happening in a different room ag that time. (The autos eventually happened in yet another room)

- Nina Samuels / Lince Dorado auto session starting and finishing before hardly anybody even got in. Nina ended up stood half way up some stairs signing against the wall.

- None of the Q&As happened at the scheduled time. A few didn't happen at all.

- Venue doormen refusing entry due to the venue being at capacity.

I felt really sorry for the venue staff as they had no communication from the organisers what was happening but were bearing the brunt of all the questions and anger. There were only about half a dozen wrestlefest staff on site, none of which had a clue what was happening and were constantly wandering around on phones.

Also feel a bit for Lince Dorado as he was also caught up in the Authors of Pain bulshit earlier this year too! I saw that he's sent a video message over Twitter to one fan that hadn't been able to meet him. 

An Evening with D'Lo Brown 

You're looking at the real deal now...

A founder member of The Nation, a former Intercontinental Champion, the GREATEST European champion of all time. WWE, TNA and global superstar there is only one D-LO BROWN!

Join one of the most charismatic and exciting wrestlers to ever set foot in the squared circle for this special, one night only event at The Old Monkey in Manchester. Hosted by comedian Chris Brooker, this intimate pop-up interactive experience is absolutely limited to 50 tickets.

A man that's seen and done it all, worked with everyone from New Jack to The Rock. D-Lo has more stories than we can possibly get through and a wicked sense of humour. A must see show for any wrestling fan, especially if they loved and lived through the WWF Attitude Era.

Tickets are £20 and there will be photograph and autographs with D-Lo for sale on the night. Also a raffle because let's not forget where we are.

Edited by LSM

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, LSM said:

An Evening with D'Lo Brown 

You're looking at the real deal now...

A founder member of The Nation, a former Intercontinental Champion, the GREATEST European champion of all time. WWE, TNA and global superstar there is only one D-LO BROWN!

Join one of the most charismatic and exciting wrestlers to ever set foot in the squared circle for this special, one night only event at The Old Monkey in Manchester. Hosted by comedian Chris Brooker, this intimate pop-up interactive experience is absolutely limited to 50 tickets.

A man that's seen and done it all, worked with everyone from New Jack to The Rock. D-Lo has more stories than we can possibly get through and a wicked sense of humour. A must see show for any wrestling fan, especially if they loved and lived through the WWF Attitude Era.

Tickets are £20 and there will be photograph and autographs with D-Lo for sale on the night. Also a raffle because let's not forget where we are.

Would recommend this. I attended a training seminar with D’Lo years ago and he’s a funny guy and also candid and open. Should be a good night.