WrestleMania XXXI Discussion thread *SPOILERS*

IANdrewDiceClay

What's the story with the Dunn/HHH struggle? Do they actually really dislike each other, does anyone know?

It seems like bullshit concocted to give 15 year olds and retards a backstage scapegoat for WWE's ills and a backstage babyface messiah who can save the company. "Kevin Dunn did it" is the new "PG SUX" and "let HHH take over" is the new "bring back the attitude era."

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How has WrestleMania Today been? I haven't seen any of it this year, but I remember it being a bit of surprising hit last year. Loads of people like Josh Mathews saying nothing, as expected, but then amongst that there were loads of cool music videos, exclusive interviews and fun footage of guys goofing around and chatting unscripted.

I watched them both, WWE really could have something great with these. Yet they ruin them with Michael Cole, they have a genuine star in Renee Young who could hold a legitimate panel yet put Michael Cole in there.

Hopefully the second show was an indication they realised this. Renee Young is so smooth when it comes to anchoring a panel. The right amount of professionalism with excitement and enjoyment. She legitimises the show and makes everyone around her look good. I also liked that Corey Graves, he dresses well and fits perfectly there. It's just a fun show with everything you want.

The show should be more like an NBA countdown (I'm certain they are trying their best to make it look like that), yes they will always have to spout the hammy Vince stuff when he's talking in their ears but don't over do it like Cole does.

Paige was fantastic in the first one, It's great to see people having fun and being themselves. This is the perfect setting for that, 5 minutes is just the enough time to enjoy a wrestler's personality before getting bored.

Rollins & Orton were great in their interviews also, I'm really digging those. I even like Booker doing his best Jalen Rose impression in interviews. As it makes sense that he has a special connection and understanding with the wrestlers. And having watched Jalen Rose (nba) & Michael Irvin (nfl) do the exactly the same kind of interviews, it comes off fine to me. Byron Saxton also does a good interview, I enjoyed the Reigns interview, it works well as a combo having them do both kinds of interviews.

This would work as an hour show a week ok tv, or once a month the week before the ppv. It really is a good format which can sell the product better far better than Raw could.

I genuinely would rather watch an hour one of these over a Raw or a Smackdown (which I never watch.)

For the record I've never actually seen these before besides when they have them at the PPVs, so they may already do that? If not they need to get this out. Screw only having it on the network, this is better promotion than the stuff they put on television.

As you can tell, I'm quite a big fan after watching them. I was so impressed, especially with Renee Young.

I am so fucking pumped for Mania, I have even talked myself into this card and think it's going to be awesome!

What's the story with the Dunn/HHH struggle? Do they actually really dislike each other, does anyone know?

It seems like bullshit concocted to give 15 year olds and retards a backstage scapegoat for WWE's ills and a backstage babyface messiah who can save the company. "Kevin Dunn did it" is the new "PG SUX" and "let HHH take over" is the new "bring back the attitude era."

You used to be ace! Be ace again, stop moaning about imaginary wrestling fans, in EVERY post

It's not like Triple H taking over is a ludicrous notion either - it's what is going to happen. You can see why fans are bored of the current product and many have heard him in podcasts and seen NXT and thought that they would prefer something more in line with that. It's not silly.

Well thanks to the countdown to wrestlemania shows im fully pumped for this weekend now.

Tonight being the hall of fame, i shall be sat with a few beers watching the ceremony and tomorrows ppv there is alot of fantasy booking senarios flying around atm and i have a feeling about whats going to go down but im genuinely excited for this weekend.

Well thanks to the countdown to wrestlemania shows im fully pumped for this weekend now.

Tonight being the hall of fame, i shall be sat with a few beers watching the ceremony and tomorrows ppv there is alot of fantasy booking senarios flying around atm and i have a feeling about whats going to go down but im genuinely excited for this weekend.

I'm not going to get the time to watch on Monday unless I do it in two sessions, which I don't really want to do. I'm off work on Tuesday and the wife is out on the night, so if it's a good show I can get two viewings in on the Tuesday. Will be watching, as usual, on PS3 on the big telly

Its a 2 hour pre-show so that will start on the network at 9pm and run til 11pm. Wrestlemania should then start at 11pm. 

Also remember the clocks go forward tonight 1 hour, so at 1am, it will change to 2am. 

2nd edit: see below, I even forgot to factor in the time change! 

The second Wrestlemania Today show was far better than the first, I can't wait for mania now. Will be avoiding the results and watching it on Monday evening with er indoors and the boy with a massive Wrestlemania buffet.

The Undertaker video with the Johnny Cash song got me sooooo pumped for that.

Archived