PPV's up to £19.95 in 2015 with new Sky deal

Benno

Ah, didn;t notice that. I can bet their twitter/website is getting some stick lol.

Yeah they have changed a lot of days and times of WWE programmes come January. For example the 2 hour Raw repeat is going back to Friday nights and Smackdown will get a Sunday night repeat slot etc.

First run Smackdown is still scheduled to run Fridays at 10pm throughout January. There's been no change there. They have added a Sunday night repeat, in addition to the Saturday night repeat.

2pyowgy.jpg

If you look on your Sky Guide you will find that this Friday's Smackdown follows a repeat of Raw that actually airs at 1am on Saturday morning. And the Sunday repeat is the 2 hour version for this weekend it is anyway.

That is a one week deal. The 2 hour RAW isn't on Thursday this week because Thursday is New Years Day, with tons of sport, including a full football programme. There isn't room to air the 2 hour RAW in its' normal slot this week, hence it being moved to the Friday night.

If you look at the scheduling of Smackdown for the rest of January, first run Smackdown airs at 10pm on Fridays (it's regular established U.K. timeslot) throughout the rest of January in it's normal slot. The 2 hour RAW does not air on Fridays after this week's one off airing.  

In fact the 2 hour RAW version ceases to exist after this week.

The following Thursday (January 8th) on Sky Sports 3 has WWE Main Event at 10pm and the new 1 hour version of RAW at 11pm.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Are there any figures for how many Sky subscribers actually purchase these WWE ppv's?

I must admit that my universal reaction when I see an advert for a run of the mill being offered for £15 is 'Who actually buys these shows?"

I can probably understand kids wanting to see them, but I know for a fact that my parents would have told me where to go if i'd asked them to fork out on top of our Sky sub to watch Royal Rumble 94 or whatever. We had Sky Sports for the football, the fact I liked to watch WWF on it was purely coincidental.

I know the big Boxing cards (if there actually are many big names these days) and UFC are also on PPV but there's a social aspect to them and I can see a few lads going home after the pub and club together to buy it.

I really can't see that with anything in Wrestling past 2001 or so.

Absolutely horrible pricing strategy when all over the programming they are showing they are promoting how their audience can watch all the PPVs and more for $9.99 a month. I havent bought a PPV from Sky in years and im not even a streamer. Ill probably go back to getting a US IP in time for the Rumble.

Are there any figures for how many Sky subscribers actually purchase these WWE ppv's?

I must admit that my universal reaction when I see an advert for a run of the mill being offered for £15 is 'Who actually buys these shows?"

I can probably understand kids wanting to see them, but I know for a fact that my parents would have told me where to go if i'd asked them to fork out on top of our Sky sub to watch Royal Rumble 94 or whatever. We had Sky Sports for the football, the fact I liked to watch WWF on it was purely coincidental.

I know the big Boxing cards (if there actually are many big names these days) and UFC are also on PPV but there's a social aspect to them and I can see a few lads going home after the pub and club together to buy it.

I really can't see that with anything in Wrestling past 2001 or so.

UFC isn't on ppv in the U.K. The UFC 'ppv' shows air as live tv specials on BTSports.

As far as ppv numbers go, the exact U.K. figures aren't released, but WWE does release the ppv figures for the U.S./Canada/Puero Rico, as well as Internationally, in their quarterly business breakdown. Majority of the international buys come from the U.K., generally.

The latest figures from the November Q3 breakdown released was:

Rumble - 337k in the U.S./Canada/Puero Rico + 180k Internationally.

Chamber - 159k in the U.S./Canada/Puero Rico + 44k Internationally.

WM30 - 420k in the U.S./Canada/Puero Rico + 264k Internationally.

Ex Rules - 45k in the U.S./Canada/Puero Rico + 62k Internationally.

Payback - 29k in the U.S./Canada/Puero Rico + 37k Internationally.

MITB - 53k in the U.S./Canada/Puero Rico + 68k Internationally.

Battlegd - 31k in the U.S./Canada/Puero Rico + 68k Internationally.

Sslam - 63k in the U.S./Canada/Puero Rico + 82k Internationally.

NOC - 30k in the U.S./Canada/Puero Rico + 18k Internationally.

You can see after WM30 the massive drop off in ppv, as the Network had launched. The Network launched after the Chamber ppv, though lots still bought WM30 via regular ppv, though after that came the massive drop off.

Ah, didn;t notice that. I can bet their twitter/website is getting some stick lol.

Yeah they have changed a lot of days and times of WWE programmes come January. For example the 2 hour Raw repeat is going back to Friday nights and Smackdown will get a Sunday night repeat slot etc.

First run Smackdown is still scheduled to run Fridays at 10pm throughout January. There's been no change there. They have added a Sunday night repeat, in addition to the Saturday night repeat.

2pyowgy.jpg

If you look on your Sky Guide you will find that this Friday's Smackdown follows a repeat of Raw that actually airs at 1am on Saturday morning. And the Sunday repeat is the 2 hour version for this weekend it is anyway.

I don't know where you got that info from but the 2 hour repeat version of Raw will continue to air on Wednesday nights.

2pyowgy.jpg

I don't know where you got that info from but the 2 hour repeat version of Raw will continue to air on Wednesday nights.

My info was from Sky, but as is usual with Sky, plans changed. The 2 hour version of Raw will air for the first time on Wednesdays next week. The 1 hour version of Raw will also debut on Thursday next week. The planned debut of Main Event tomorrow has also been pulled. Main Event debuts in its regular weekly timeslot of Thursday's at 10pm next week.

Yes it was. I already mentioned this last Sunday on here.

Wasn't on the Sky epg. I checked. Sundays at 11am used to be the slot for WWE Experience. That was moved to Sky Sports. No WWE programming was in that slot.

Plans change on Sky, as shown by Main Event being pulled. I had that set to record too. WWE Raw 1 hour version wasn't in the EPG for Sunday at 11am on Sky One as of 2 days ago. 

It's possible it was in the schedule as you suggested, then pulled when I looked, then reinstated. Sky used to do that all the time with Vintage Collection. It used to be infuriating.

It's no big deal, I'm not trying to score points on you or cause an argument. Just passing along info, but I know for a fact it wasn't there when I looked because I went through every channel (Sky One & Sky Sports 1 to 5) for the next week and checked. If things have changed since then, so be it.

Archived