PPV's up to £19.95 in 2015 with new Sky deal

Benno

• Paid Members

Source: Reddit via Sky's Help Forum

It seems to be a good news/bad news kind of situation now the new contract is kicking in.

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Shows-you-love/WWE-Thread-2014/td-p/1554517/page/46

• The Royal Rumble is priced at £19.99, a £5 increase on the previous non-Wrestlemania PPV price. While not confirmed, I understand that there will be no more 'free' PPVs on Sky Sports.

• Raw is unaffected. Full three hours live in the early hours of Tuesday morning.

• It appears that new episodes of WWE Main Event will air at around 10pm on Thursdays.

• Smackdown stays at around 10pm on Fridays.

• NXT is nowhere to be found and nor is Superstars. Superstars is definitely gone from its old Sky 1 Saturday afternoon slot.

• The recap filler shows - WWE Experience, Bottom Line, Afterburn - and Vintage Collection still seem to be in random places in the schedule.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Think that's slightly inaccurate about NXT. As far as I'm aware, it's not part of the new contract.

Yeah was just looking into that myself, had a search of Sky/Virgin's listings and it would appear past a repeat airing the first week in January that NXT is in the same boat as Superstars and is Network exclusive. Have amended the original post.

• Paid Members

What's your source that says it isn't part of the new deal?

From the January Sky Sports TV listings. No NXT showing at all through January.

Ha! Fucking hell so no NXT, PPV prices increased significantly. The network can't come soon enough.

Archived