Chikara to tour the UK

Psygnosis

• Paid Members

http://www.chikarauktour.com/

Wolverhampton for 2 days

Cardiff

London

CHIKARA is one of the top US based professional wrestling promotions which was founded in 2002 and is potentially the most unique. Combining a combination of Lucha Libre, Puroresu, and high quality technical wrestling with story lines and characters that are most comparable to that of a comic book, the CHIKARA brand is something that can not be found anywhere else.

The company is very focused around tag team matches with one of their annual highlights being their King of Trios tournament featuring six-man tag team bouts. The company did not crown a singles champion until 2011 with the introduction of the CHIKARA Grand Championship.

In 2013, CHIKARA looked to be lost, closing its doors and appearing to be gone for good, however, on May 25th 2014 CHIKARA re-emerged even stronger than it was before. The return of CHIKARA has been so well received that it has now spawned into a UK tour, something that has never happened before.

With such a range of talent, diverse styles, and colourful characters this is set to be a series of shows like nothing that UK fans have seen before. 

Really love Chikara, might not be to everyones taste but still.

• Paid Members

I've already posted my thoughts in the Chikara thread:

http://ukff.com/topic/118127-chikara-the-offical-thread/page-32

What's this about 8 shows in 4 days? Are they running 2 events on each date?

EDIT: ...and what's going on with the tickets? The main Chikara website lists different prices (for Gold seats etc) whereas the tour specific site just has one price.

I've already posted my thoughts in the Chikara thread:

http://ukff.com/topic/118127-chikara-the-offical-thread/page-32

What's this about 8 shows in 4 days? Are they running 2 events on each date?

EDIT: ...and what's going on with the tickets? The main Chikara website lists different prices (for Gold seats etc) whereas the tour specific site just has one price.

The tour site ticket has a drop down with multiple prices, including a preshow option, which must be the "second" show.

• 3 months later...

I'm sure others will post too, but just wanted to say how much of a great 2 nights Chikara put on in Wolverhampton. In the bigger picture, I'm not sure they added much to the story lines, but they certainly kept everyone happy and put on some great matches!

Have to agree with Barearse. Had a fantastic time in Wolverhampton and was well worth the drive down. Can't speak highly enough of the Chikara roster, all friendly guys who seemed genuinely happy to be there. Trying to get a picture with El Hijo del Ice Cream may have been my highlight of the weekend, either that or watching many others trying to do the same lol. The Fight Club Pro cards were fun also, although wasn't Davey Richards advertise to be there? Did i miss an announcement or something? My only criticism of the the shows was Jimmy Havoc. While i had no issue with him being there (i enjoy his act) and the content of him promo. It felt a little off having a promo like that on the preshow for a family friendly product like Chikara. As i say, i personally had no issue with it, but there were a lot of kids there and Chikara shows are marketed as a very family friendly product, so it just seemed out of place and a little inappropriate. Some great chants over the weekend, but "Holy poo! Holy poo!" has to be up there with my favourites.

Archived