NJPW World

Sphinx

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said:

After the Dontaku tour being 80% multi man tag matches it’s been refreshing to see a lot of guys in singles matches.

That's every tour apart from BOSJ and the G1. That's Japan.

I know but having not long subscribed, Dontaku was my first real go at watching a tour front to back. I’ve been skipping to the tournament matches this time.

But my point was more that generally I think we dismiss a lot of guys because we don’t see them in their best environment. 

In the middle of Ospreay Vs Yoh right now. Yoh has a fucking shocker right after I compliment him.

Edited by BrodyGraham
Relevant information

Hey guys, are the rest of these shows going to be hardcam and no commentary (any language) until the finals? I find them hard to watch so will come back when there is a bit more production value. It's a shame as I would like to see some of these matches.

1 hour ago, Cheapheat said:

Hey guys, are the rest of these shows going to be hardcam and no commentary (any language) until the finals? I find them hard to watch so will come back when there is a bit more production value. It's a shame as I would like to see some of these matches.

Pretty much yea

That's a shame, I don't really know an alternative, but if New japan is serious about international expansion and they want people to care about this tournament, surely they should change up this formula, at least give all the shows commentary. I want to enjoy this tournament and its not too easy to do..

On 5/26/2018 at 1:01 PM, Cheapheat said:

Is there a place online that shows current block standings?

Final Standings

A Block

Taiji Ishimori – 10 - Winner
Will Ospreay – 10
ACH – 6
Bushi – 6
Flip Gordon - 6
Tiger Mask IV – 6
Yoh – 6
Yoshinobu Kanemaru – 6

B Block

Hiromu Takahashi – 10
Kushida – 8
Marty Scurll – 8
Chris Sabin – 6
El Desperado – 6
Dragon Lee – 6
Ryusuke Taguchi – 6
Sho – 6

Finals: Taiji Ishimori Vs. Hiromu Takahashi - Winner - Hiromu Takahashi 

Edited to include final standings and Result 04/06/2018

Edited by TildeGuy~!

If anyone is confused with how the Best Of The Super Juniors can end this weekend (the current standings are 2 posts above)

Block B can only be won by Kushida or Hiromu Takahashi now as Marty Scurll lost to both 

Block A is more confusing...

- Ishimori advances if he beats YOH 

- Ospreay advances if he beats Flip Gordon and Ishimori loses to YOH

- Flip Gordon advances if he beats Ospreay and if Ishimori loses to YOH because Gordon beat Ishimori

The last matches of the blocks take place tomorrow and the finals take place on Monday, with the winner getting a title shot at Dominion next Saturday (If Ospreay wins he chooses who he faces as he is the champion)

Edited by TildeGuy~!

I’d go with the Ishimori/Takahashi Final with Ishimori winning, but then there’s the Rey Mysterio saga, he’s been announced to be wrestling at Dominion but still hasn’t got an opponent which is leading me to believe Ospreay is winning and will pick Mysterio as his opponent at Dominion. 

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I’d go with the Ishimori/Takahashi Final with Ishimori winning, but then there’s the Rey Mysterio saga, he’s been announced to be wrestling at Dominion but still hasn’t got an opponent which is leading me to believe Ospreay is winning and will pick Mysterio as his opponent at Dominion. 

I have Ospreay with Ishimori so.... Misterio vs Hiromu would be pretty Tranquillo.

• Paid Members

YOH is coming along, isn't he? Even though Marty gave SHO everything he could, I thought Komatsu looked the closer to a finished article today. I'm a little surprised they're not feeding Ishimori the purest babyface alive in Kushida but it will be excellent nonetheless.