RIP Robin Williams

Ars

Just watching the second Hunger Games film with the wife, and forgot that Philip Seymour Hoffman was in it. And then it dawned on me that he was in Patch Adams with Robin Williams. Both men gone within a few months of each other.

Wonder what kind of tribute will be laid on at next years Academy Awards for Williams, as has been seen over the last few days he seemed to be held in such high regard

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robin Williams’ wife, Susan Schneider, issued a statement

"Robin spent so much of his life helping others. Whether he was entertaining millions on stage, film or television, our troops on the frontlines, or comforting a sick child -- Robin wanted us to laugh and to feel less afraid. 

Since his passing, all of us who loved Robin have found some solace in the tremendous outpouring of affection and admiration for him from the millions of people whose lives he touched. His greatest legacy, besides his three children, is the joy and happiness he offered to others, particularly to those fighting personal battles.

Robin's sobriety was intact and he was brave as he struggled with his own battles of depression, anxiety as well as early stages of Parkinson's Disease, which he was not yet ready to share publicly.

It is our hope in the wake of Robin’s tragic passing, that others will find the strength to seek the care and support they need to treat whatever battles they are facing so they may feel less afraid."

Life eh? :(

Just watching the second Hunger Games film with the wife, and forgot that Philip Seymour Hoffman was in it. And then it dawned on me that he was in Patch Adams with Robin Williams. Both men gone within a few months of each other.

Wonder what kind of tribute will be laid on at next years Academy Awards for Williams, as has been seen over the last few days he seemed to be held in such high regard

Had a thought earlier that two of the cast members of Hook have gone this year. Robin and Bob Hoskins..damned sad

• Paid Members

Looked to buy The Fisher King. Can't find the DVD for less than £15!

If you're into Netflix US, it's on there.

http://www.netflix.com/WiRoleDisplay?personid=99687

It's on Netflix UK as well.

Cheers for the heads up. Watched it last night. It's bloody brilliant. Must admit I felt a bid sad when Williams flashed his trademark smile. Fabulous performances by Williams and Jeff Bridges. Really made me realise I don't watch enough films.

• Paid Members

Looked to buy The Fisher King. Can't find the DVD for less than £15!

If you're into Netflix US, it's on there.

http://www.netflix.com/WiRoleDisplay?personid=99687

It's on Netflix UK as well.

Cheers for the heads up. Watched it last night. It's bloody brilliant. Must admit I felt a bid sad when Williams flashed his trademark smile. Fabulous performances by Williams and Jeff Bridges. Really made me realise I don't watch enough films.

Sky Movies On Demand (Website Version) has a ton of Robin Williams films up now. (if you're a Sky subscriber)

Archived