How would you debut a NXT Wrestler?

Charles goodwill

Fairly standard and may well die on its arse but following on from a discussion in the Raw thread I thought it would be a nice idea to see how people would debut a wrestler of your own choosing from NXT.

Get creative and anything goes. Having just come off the back of a 12 hour shift I'll em putting mine up tomorrow.

I'd call someone up under the ring name Carlton Palmer, make them come out and wrestle in a Leeds United kit every week, theme music is Marching on Together and their gimmick is that they are a mentally disturbed individual who actually believes themselves to be Carlton Palmer

Got to be better than large undefeated run, lose to Cena, job in midcard until release

Slow build - give them short matches with little relevance but offering the opportunity to share their stuff with the WWE universe. As soon as their moves become accepted by the fans, give them a little winning streak beating the main NXT players. This would lead to a highly competitive title match where they'd lose an even contest. Show acceptance in their loss and feel they need the chance to face similar high level talent thus moving on to the main roster. Just an idea...

I'd have them come out and do the same thing which got them over in a small hall arena (and which not many watched on tv) to a non-plussed large scale arena and mainstream tv audience.

When it doesn't work, job them out for a bit then release them, blaming them for not getting over, not knowing how to work a crowd, yet wish them well in their future endeavours.

I'd call someone up under the ring name Carlton Palmer, make them come out and wrestle in a Leeds United kit every week, theme music is Marching on Together and their gimmick is that they are a mentally disturbed individual who actually believes themselves to be Carlton Palmer

Got to be better than large undefeated run, lose to Cena, job in midcard until release

Is it wrong that this would be absolutely ideal for Ray from The Undateables?

68aad400-0fc6-4a58-a3aa-d11389ea689f.jpg

Give them a gimmick that Kevin Dunn hates because it doesn't fit his very narrow & dated definition of what gets over in 2014, making him unwilling to educate the masses, and also because he feels massively threatened by HHH's NXT regime because it will ultimately see him replaced.

Wrestler comes out in a cape. He cuts a promo in which he says 'Some of the boys in the back really don't understand you people, but I do. I understand that you just can't help being... scum.'

Boo.

'But not to fear, because I'm here to say it's okay. You see, I was once down there with you people here in (insert name)'

Yay.

' And I am just like the scented rose that blooms from the filth that is you people.'

Boo

'And to show you I'm really a great guy, I give you my permission to ride my coattails out of your drab existence for however brief a period.'

Boo

'After all that's the kind of guy I am, the kind of role model you need and the kind of specimen of greatness you see standing before you.'

Boo

'That's right, I am (insert name) and I am YOURRRR HEEERRRRRROOOOOOOOOO!'

Does a creepy superman hands on hips pose and scene.

I'd sign Roode, Daniels and Kazarian and debut them as a 3 man heel stable. Tout them as "international stars" and have them carry big egos in with them. Give them a Radicals style push.

They've perfected the comedy/heelish/athletic style now and I think it would fit brilliantly into the NXT format. Then being them up to the main roster with Roode as the breakout heavyweight and Kaz/Daniels as the tag team.

Simple but it'd work.

I'd sign Roode, Daniels and Kazarian and debut them as a 3 man heel stable. Tout them as "international stars" and have them carry big egos in with them. Give them a Radicals style push.

They've perfected the comedy/heelish/athletic style now and I think it would fit brilliantly into the NXT format. Then being them up to the main roster with Roode as the breakout heavyweight and Kaz/Daniels as the tag team.

Simple but it'd work.

Yeah but they'd probably ask Kaz to grow his hair out, he'll decline, get released and then do it anyway.

Archived