Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another solid show.

Thought Miz was once again the star of the show and loved how it intersected with the AJ/Ambrose/Ellsworth storyline. If there is no resolution to the Miz Bryan interactions I'll be really peeved.

Ellsworth is brilliant and WWE are doing really well milking this for everything they can.

Alexa as a cowardly heel is perfect. Keep that up and she's the perfect foil for Becky.

Smackdown is far and away the better of the two shows.

I thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyed last nights episode. It was progressive, exciting and fun. Everything the flagship isn't.

Agreed it also flys over.

I used to think an hour was the perfect length for pro wrestling but Smackdown has it nailed.

My current love for Smackdown knows no end. The opening segment leading to Miz TV leading to the main event is simple, fun and good booking.

You've then got most people on the show involved in some sort of story. Most of which are developing and progressing and have matches that mean something.

Then they have heels who like being heels and do heelish things. It's really simple and fun.

If they had a couple more over baby faces and some better commentary it's be just about perfect.

• Paid Members

The 4 man booth gets a little crowded. It feels like Otunga is just there because they might need JEnnifer Hudson at some point. Get him in a studio shilling PPVs for a bit in the desperate hope that he discovers some charisma.

• Paid Members

First time I've watched a live TV show in a while and I was very pleasantly surprised. I agree with a comment above regarding Ambrose and the opening segment. It was spot on, in, deeds, out, no messing about. Ambrose just needs to shut up in general. He's been a parody of a crazy character for a while, like the nob at a party who says "I'm pretty crazy me" before necking a small bottle of Sol and saying "see, told you". Just stick to the way he came over tonight and he'll be ok.

Overall great show, and that Corbin vs Kalisto short match was great. They both nailed it.

Miz as expected was fantastic and it was a fun match for a SD show. Shane didnt fuck about, Daniel did minimal... good things.

The Bella and child backstage thing was shit, but thats all.

I never thought I would praise Orton but since he's joined the Wyatt's he has not only made his own character interesting but also made the Wyatt's look strong once again.  I don't know when they're are planning to have Orton turn on them but I hope it's not for a while yet.

Smackdown has been on a roll lately.

Talking off the Wyatts I just read on Facebook that they have Evoked the Freebird Rule and Luke Harper can defend the belts with Randy or Bray, interesting that both Tag Belts are now held by Trios rather then a Traditional 2 man Tag Team

Ellsworth can fucking talk! He's been a great find, added lots of flavour to Smackdown. I hope they can stretch something out to Mania for him, if only to piss off the nerds who are like "omg [NXT guy] can't even get on TV and this guy's being given a 'main event push' (and I've seen people have actually used that phrase too, lmao) and a Mania match"

I think he's doing great at making the most of his time there. I know that it was reported recently that he's signed a contract, but surely it is only a short term/six month deal of some type. He's a novelty act and that novelty will wear off sooner than later, but I fully expect him to be in the Royal Rumble.

As people crying about his "main event push", fucking hell lads. They're the type of folk that scream "PUSH THE CRUISERS~!" then don't react to them on RAW and would have put the belt on someone Paul London and then wondered why the business was dead six months later

I love Paul London to be fair! he's funny as fuck, was a good-looking dude and could've maybe approached Jeff Hardy level if they ran with him at any point. I wouldn't give him the belt like I would've done in 2005, but a steady IC-level push sounds good.

but yeah any time i've seen someone describe this Ellsworth thing as a "push" I have to cringe.. people don't know what a push is, he's playing a role nobody else can play. you might as well complain about the amount of TV time Charles Robinson gets

• Paid Members

He's having the time of his life, and it sounds like the fans are enjoying it as well. It's a nice light counterpoint to some of the more serious stuff that happens. I agree with those people who bitch about the Cruiserweights being overlooked then sit on their hands during the cruiserweight matches. Does 205 Live happen in front of dead crowds? Maybe they should tape it in front of those smarks down at Full Sail?

he's playing a role nobody else can play. 

Really? Surely they could have got any random indy guy to do it, or one of the new cruisers?  Or, from the current roster, Slater, Bo Dallas, Axel off the top of my head.  Aside from the win a contract match the story is essentially under dog upsets champ and thinks he can beat him.  It just needs someone we're used to see losing regularly.

Add me to the list of people that want to see him in the rumble with Brock and Bill

Archived