Smackdown Discussion Thread

I can't recall another catchphrase regularly used within matches quite like that 'straight fiyaaaaaaaa' thing. 'Feed me more', I guess? 'Youuuuuuu'? It comes off a little odd anyway

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I think they were running with Ambrose as something of a tweener especially during the three way feud with Styles and Cena.

Becky Lynch's line about Pizza. . . Dear god.

That's part of her personality. She's been doing the 'shit jokes' stuff since she first got called up, just not frequently enough for it to catch on yet.

Wasn't she doing it on social media for ages before that? I could've sworn she was doing the lame puns thing back when she was a Rosebud or even before then, I might be misremembering it though. She seems like another one who they let get away with too much instead of helping her hone her act. She's still great though.

I guess you can count me among the black cloud brigade on Ambrose, because I hated him this week too. Sure, I get that he's the "lunatic fringe" and he's super unpredictable, but I don't want to see him acting like some kind of goofy R-Truth style comic act. For me he can't afford it. When Roman Reigns makes some dumb, childish joke, you may cringe, but you never doubt for a second that he's a big, scary fucker you don't want to mess with. But Ambrose is barely convincing as a tough guy as it is, so seeing him play the fool for an entire episode just makes me see him as this midcard, Eugene type, who we're supposed to like and root for, but not really believe in as a threat.

I literally thought Natalya was funnier.

• Paid Members

If Daniel Bryan is going to be stood corpsing at Ambrose while Shane is rightfully fuming then he shouldn't be on live TV.

Add me to the crew who didn't like Ambrose this week either. Why is everyone a comedy character now?

Dean Ambrose was an annoying cunt on this show. 

I enjoyed the Ambrose segments, but at the same time I was willing on Shane to batter him. 

Ambrose has won me over to an extent since the brand split, but I don't want to see him win the the title again unless perhaps he turns heel. 

I don't imagine we'll see Orton leave the Wyatts until after some kind of Wyatt/Shield match. I'm really enjoying Orton this role, I hope it continues for some time. 

What do people think of Baron Corbin right now? It's heavily down to how brilliant he's been on Talking Smack, but I think he's one of the best heels in the company right now. I absolutely love the guy, he's an absolute bastard and I mean that in the best possible way. 

• Paid Members

I'm absolutely dumbfounded to see that some people actually find Ambrose funny, but I can accept that it's all subjective. To me it would seem that there are a number of guys on the roster that are genuinely quick witted or at least have pretty good comic timing, but Ambrose isn't one of them. The material he's given is terrible and his horribly forced delivery just makes it worse. I suspect he knows that a lot of the comedy stuff is shit and in some ways his contempt for it is hard to disguise, but that's why he's not a star. Watch him on that Austin interview, he's a fucking dullard.

I'm absolutely dumbfounded to see that some people actually find Ambrose funny, but I can accept that it's all subjective. To me it would seem that there are a number of guys on the roster that are genuinely quick witted or at least have pretty good comic timing, but Ambrose isn't one of them. 

I wouldn't go as far as to say I find him funny, but I did laugh at some of the segments on Tuesday. 

Generally I think Ambrose comes across as a bit of a prick but that's been working for me on Smackdown, I don't find him unwatchable anymore. I realise that sounds massively backhanded...

I do want him to turn and I think they're going that way, but I could be wrong as I was sure Ziggler was turning not long back, but I remain an Ambrose fan, I generally think he's got the charisma to pull this kind of stuff off. Not every segment's been a winner but that's WWE

• Paid Members

Surprised at the Lynch puns backlash. Just a quirky character trait. I don't mind it. Ambrose can be very funny at times, the Mountie skit was amusing. Most of wrestling is a meta joke almost these days. Imagine working for the writing team, malaise.

If Daniel Bryan is going to be stood corpsing at Ambrose while Shane is rightfully fuming then he shouldn't be on live TV.

I just saw it as Bryan playing good cop to Shane's slightly less good cop.

I'm starting to think Eva will be revealed as Nikki's attacker upon her return.

I assume I'm not the only one who sees Natalya as the probable culprit, but then maybe that's what The Man (not Seth Rollins) wants us to think.

That's always been a Daniel Bryan thing. For someone who takes wrestling so seriously, he seems completely unable to take it seriously most of the time. He had the problem since day one of NXT, but it didn't stop him having a great career.

• Paid Members

Bryan was a great foil for Baron Corbin on Talking Smack this week. Their arguments and counter arguments about what makes a good wrestler and what makes a star were very believable. The way it logically set up Corbin vs Kalisto in a Chairs match for TLC was excellent.

The non-wrestling segments on this weeks show were much better than the in-ring stuff. That's not a knock on the wrestling, it's just the talky/brawly stuff was excellent all throughout the show. Despite the fact I'm not expecting any title changes in the following matches I'm still really hyped for Alexa/Becky and Ambrose/AJ at TLC, should be some cracking action.

The main event was good but I'm getting a bit tired of seeing Alpha lose all of the time. I'd have preferred Alpha to get the rub here and then the Wyatts could get involved at the PPV to cost AA the belts and get further involved with the tag-champs.

Archived