Smackdown Discussion Thread

Are we going to get a big "Nitro Finish" to Raw/Smackdown next week where a load of lads in red and blue shirts all throw down as the shows go off the air? "What will happen? Find out at Survivor Series!"

Probably. 

To be honest, I would have made more of the fact that both rosters were in the same city when they were in Glasgow. My understanding is both brands have different loops so the chances of them being within spitting distance of each other is not big. 

In Glasgow they were in the same city, at the same time. Would have been ideal for either brand to Sabotage either show, with some tension building for the go-home shows. Could have used the whole "You ruined a historic moment...blah blah blah". 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where is Cena? is he off filming again, he came back for that 3 Way at No Mercy and that was it

When Corbin was ruled out I was expecting Bryan to announce Cena as the replacement for Team Smackdown  

Me too actually, but I really like Shane joining the match. It'll be fun to see him square up to some of the guys in that Raw team for the first time. 

I love Smackdown right now, it absolutely breezes by and AJ is outstanding. I like the Wyatt/Orton dynamic at the moment, and I hope they keep it going for a bit. The idea of a Wyatt/AJ match intrigues me, I hope that's something we get to see. 

I could see Miz costing Ziggler the IC belt in an act of revenge for not being included in any of the interbrand matches, and then maybe we'll get some kind of three way between Zayn, Miz and Ziggler at the next PPV, or perhaps Smackdown will be forced to trade for Zayn so they don't lose the IC belt. Either way I don't see the title leaving Smackdown in the long term if it does at all. 

I hope the Cruiserweight division stays on Raw. I don't know what other people think about it, but I really couldn't care less. It's an utter snoozefest. 

In Glasgow they were in the same city, at the same time. Would have been ideal for either brand to Sabotage either show, with some tension building for the go-home shows. Could have used the whole "You ruined a historic moment...blah blah blah". 

It's Heath Slater....on a tank!

• Paid Members

I hope the Cruiserweight division stays on Raw. I don't know what other people think about it, but I really couldn't care less. It's an utter snoozefest.

Totally pointless stuff. I can't get behind any of them, especially that dancing fool Rich Swann. He's too bloody happy.

Edit: sorry for the screwed up quotes.

In Glasgow they were in the same city, at the same time.

Well, that part's not true.  While Raw were in Glasgow, Smackdown was in Aberdeen, and when Smackdown was in Glasgow, Raw was in Germany.

There's no house shows next Monday or Tuesday, so all that probably will happen.

• Paid Members

I'm getting sick of Ellsworth now, I don't want to be and I'm fighting it but the outlook don't look good.

It's wrestling. They drag the arse out of everything. You get something like this or Broken Matt that's fun for a while and they wring it to death within weeks.

• Paid Members

The New Day are prime examples of WWE milking shit to death.  I just find their promos irritating, same shit every week with those three.

The thing I struggle with after all this time, is working out what the purpose of their promos are- from a kayfabe perspective. Nobody else in WWE comes to the ring every single week to just cut a hardcam facing promo for no real reason. Why would these wrestlers just come to the ring and start dropping cultural references?

The Authority or whoever usually come out to do it to open the show, but there's usually a reason for it- to lay out the show or something. Besides, they're nearly always really shit too.

If this were EWR, I'd get a shit rating for putting a New Day promo with no purpose.

• Paid Members

The New Day are prime examples of WWE milking shit to death. I just find their promos irritating, same shit every week with those three.

Probably go the same way with The List too

Sorry for the double post but apparently Jericho has recognised this and put a stop to it already. He was on the LAW radio show the other day and says that now he's just teasing it visually and not giving the line. Instead switching it around to "you're not even worthy of being written down on the list!" Jericho gets it, just so long as he's let roll with it the way he wants.

• Paid Members

It was originally a list of things Foley had done wrong to try and get him removed as GM of Raw.

The Ellsworth thing feels like it needs a turn or something before it really starts running out of steam. Either Ambrose loses it with him and beats the holy hell out of him before he's never seen again, or he costs Ambrose the title and pals around with Styles for a little bit before he gets destroyed by somebody. Him as a chickenshit heel could be even more amusing than him as a plucky underdog babyface. Trot him out now and again for a Rumble or a battle royal. The guy's obviously having the time of his life, and all credit to him for it.

Archived