UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs Arlovski - May 8th

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Ha. Fuck y'all. You all love him as well.

Weigh ins done and dusted. Matt Brown missed weight...

FOX MAIN CARD

Robbie Lawler (171) vs. Matt Brown (172.5)*

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (205.5) vs. Anthony Johnson (204.5)

Clay Guida (145) vs. Dennis Bermudez (146)

Josh Thomson (155) vs. Bobby Green (155.5)

FOX PRELIMS

Jorge Masvidal (155.5) vs. Daron Cruickshank (155.5)

Kyle Kingsbury (204.5) vs. Patrick Cummins (206)

Tim Means (170.5) vs. Hernani Perpetuo (171)

Brian Ortega (145.5) vs. Mike De La Torre (146)

FIGHT PASS PRELIMS

Tiago dos Santos (155) vs. Akbarh Arreola (155.5)

Steven Siler (146) vs. Noad Lahat (145)

Gilbert Burns (170) vs. Andreas Stahl (171)

Juliana Lima (117)* vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk (115)

*Brown and Lima each have two hours to cut the appropriate weight or else they will be fined.

Dana has since told Helwani that the CSAC won't allow Brown to try weighing in again, so you'd assume they think he's having real difficulty with it. How bad must the cut have been? He was only 1 1/2lbs over and he couldn't do it? Another reason to fancy a Lawler win, maybe Brown's carrying an injury. It's not like he's a serial weight misser.

Lawler-Brown.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Also, I watched Helwani's interviews. He's a cheeky cunt. Congratulated Little Nog on his recent wedding, then asked him if he thought he was 'punching above his weight'. I know Nog has a face like a bee-stung scrotum but you don't say shit like that to someone's face, do you?

Also, I watched Helwani's interviews. He's a cheeky cunt. Congratulated Little Nog on his recent wedding, then asked him if he thought he was 'punching above his weight'. I know Nog has a face like a bee-stung scrotum but you don't say shit like that to someone's face, do you?

Helwani does it in such a way that Lil Nog probably did not know what he meant properly, or did not take him that seriously. English is Lil Nog's second language as well

I would pay good money to see him say that to the Diaz's brothers or Rampage.

• Paid Members

Robbie Lawler pulled a little prank on Dana and pretended to refuse to fight tomorrow because Brown missed weight. There's a video of it on Dana's Instagram.

Wasn't as good as Melvin Guillard's version on TUF 2 but still pretty funny to see that split second of Dana about to shit his pants.

• Paid Members

Helwani does it in such a way that Lil Nog probably did not know what he meant properly, or did not take him that seriously. English is Lil Nog's second language as well

I would pay good money to see him say that to the Diaz's brothers or Rampage.

it was pretty funny, i didnt think Nog would understand him but his reply was something like "what do you mean? im beautiful too"

also Lil Nog looked about 65 years old in that interview.

• Paid Members

Two questions chaps:

1) what time will the main card start tonight/tomorrow am?

2) having missed the weight, if Brown wins (which looks less likely now), would he still get the no. 1 contender shot at Hendricks?

According to BT sport, maim card starts 1am.

At a guess, Brown will still get title shot with a win. He has no prior history to missing weight.

Edit, that first sentence should have said MAIN. However, with tonights fights, I'm leaving it as its quite fitting.

• Paid Members

1) what time will the main card start tonight/tomorrow am?

Prelims are at 11pm tonight. Main card starts at 1am. All on BT Sports 1.

2) having missed the weight, if Brown wins (which looks less likely now), would he still get the no. 1 contender shot at Hendricks?

It's weird. Usually when a fighter misses weight they're fined 20% of their purse and their opponent gets that. And usually if there's title implications the weight misser loses that privilege as well. But this time Dana came out after the weigh in and said there'd been a fuck up and Brown wouldn't be fined and would still get a title shot with a win. But then someone from the California commission said Dana was mistaken and Brown would still be fined. The title shot bit is up to the UFC though. If Dana still wants to give Brown the shot if he wins then that's out of the commission's control.

So, I haven't really answered your question sorry. I'm not sure what's happened exactly with this one.

• Paid Members

More on the Brown weight miss thing.

Apparently it wasn't that he couldn't cut the last 1 1/2lbs, he was willing to cut the remaining weight. But the commission cocked something up with his second cut so they wouldn't let him weigh in again.

Quote from John Morgan from MMAJunkie;

"Brown planned on making weight, but the commission told him he couldn't cut anymore. Dana (White) asked commission, 'If he's willing to cut, how can you fine him?' They went back and forth, and commission agreed."

Bit shady that they wouldn't let him weigh in again but still tried to fine him.

So yeah, I guess Brown's still getting a title shot if he wins tonight, he's not getting fined and he's still eligible for any post-fight bonuses.

• Paid Members

ohhh thats a sound bet for £2.

i think they are all 50/50 fights except for Johnson/Nog, cant see anything other than Nogueira laid out. Still, for £2 its worth a punt.

Archived