UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs Arlovski - May 8th

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Remember when Conor McGregor said "I don't sleep, I wait" in an interview a while ago? He wasn't lying. My daughter got me up, I checked twitter. It's 3:51am, McGregor tweeted 39 mins ago. Mad bastard.

Unfortunately I didn't catch Dana for a pint last night. But yeah the Weigh Ins were insane. My first experience of them but everything tells me it's not usually that crazy. Stayed for the Q&A. Which was brilliant. Forrest was on good form and some good stuff from the rest. Definitely better than the usual ones. Can't wait for tonight. Hopefully get lucky with a decent crowd around us. Not fancying sitting next to these drunken idiots described, ha.

• Paid Members
Helwani talking to the Irish fansThe kid at around 3:30 made me laugh, when it dawned on him who Ariel was, "Ogh...the Conor McGregor foight...Em Em Eh". And I nearly did a legit LOL at the bloke at the end. Irish bloke: People say I'm Conor McGregor's stunt double. Helwani: ...Let's not go crazy. That bloke looked genuinely hurt. Ariel just coldly gave him a little dose of reality. Ruthless.

• Paid Members
Irish bloke: People say I'm Conor McGregor's stunt double. Helwani: ...Let's not go crazy. That bloke looked genuinely hurt. Ariel just coldly gave him a little dose of reality. Ruthless.
You can expect plenty of tools like that (harmless, but cringey) there tonight. That sap actually grew the beard just for this show. How lame.

What do you guys think about Cathal's chances tonight? I think he usually fights at welterweight where he looks comfortable, but tonight's fight is at middleweight (like on the Ultimate Fighter show) where he didn't look particularly impressive

• Paid Members
Irish bloke: People say I'm Conor McGregor's stunt double. Helwani: ...Let's not go crazy. That bloke looked genuinely hurt. Ariel just coldly gave him a little dose of reality. Ruthless.
You can expect plenty of tools like that (harmless, but cringey) there tonight. That sap actually grew the beard just for this show. How lame.
Fucking hell Herbie, stop being so fucking miserable. It may be lame but christ, he's grown a beard, its harmless.

• Paid Members
What do you guys think about Cathal's chances tonight? I think he usually fights at welterweight where he looks comfortable, but tonight's fight is at middleweight (like on the Ultimate Fighter show) where he didn't look particularly impressive
I think he wins tonight. I definitely think he's more suited to welterweight but I guess he'll go back down after this fight. He probably only went up to 185 in the first place because that was a way just to get his foot in the door through TUF, I'm thinking. And Mike King isn't exactly a guy who should muscle him around too much. King's a scrapper but I think Pendred is more skilled all round. I'd be mildly surprised if he loses tonight. When you look at how Eddie Gordon wrecked shop in the TUF Finale, then consider that Pendred went to a very close decision with him in the semis where there really wasn't much in it, that shows he can at least hang at 185. I'll go Pendred by decision in an exciting fight.

• Paid Members
Fucking hell Herbie, stop being so fucking miserable. It may be lame but christ, he's grown a beard, its harmless.
I never said it was harmful - I said it was lame - which you agreed with. So what's your point?

I think he wins tonight. I definitely think he's more suited to welterweight but I guess he'll go back down after this fight. He probably only went up to 185 in the first place because that was a way just to get his foot in the door through TUF, I'm thinking. And Mike King isn't exactly a guy who should muscle him around too much. King's a scrapper but I think Pendred is more skilled all round. I'd be mildly surprised if he loses tonight. When you look at how Eddie Gordon wrecked shop in the TUF Finale, then consider that Pendred went to a very close decision with him in the semis where there really wasn't much in it, that shows he can at least hang at 185. I'll go Pendred by decision in an exciting fight.
Good point about Cathal hanging with Gordon! I guess my only worry is that King supposedly has a pretty decent wrestling pedigree doesn't he? Not that he displayed any of it during the show...I guess this extra time since the show will have given Cathal chance to accommodate himself to the new weight-class... hopefully all of that dolphin saving didn't take too much out of him. :)On a side note, it would be mildly humorous if he lost this fight and got cut considering his new tattoo:VIPIrelandImage131129.jpg

• Paid Members

A UFC tattoo on his tit? Oh dear. I love the Straight Blast Gym camp but their choice in body ink is woeful. Conor's already made a mess of himself with that horrible chest tat as well. Hopefully Gunnar Nelson stays sensible and leaves his body as plain as his interviews.

So, what's the television line-up for those who aren't on location? We getting the prelims as well as the main card or what?
Don't think so. As far as I'm aware the BT coverage begins at 7:30pm on BT Sport 2.

Excellent win for McGregor

I was worried at first he might get clipped when he came out looking wild, but he seemed very calm throughout. He dealt with Brandao well on the ground, and scored a impressive TKO on the feet. McGregor has always carried himself like star, tonight he performed like one.

• Paid Members

Greatest atmosphere I've ever seen, heard, or been a part of. By miles and miles and miles. When Conor won it was absolute pandemonium. Pints were legitimately flying everywhere and it was complete mayhem. I can't put it into words. Just an incredible night that couldn't have gone better.

Archived