UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs Arlovski - May 8th

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Conor McGregor goes all topical;

Conor McGregor @TheNotoriousMMA

The Brazilians got buried tonight. On July 19th I bury one more.

Ouch. Hope he doesn't get booked on a Brazil card anytime soon.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

These are fast approaching. Here's the updated cards with air times and shit;

UFC-Fight-Night-Cowboy-vs-Miller.jpg

FOX SPORTS 1 MAIN CARD - BT Sports 1 - 2am

Donald Cerrone vs Jim Miller

Edson Barboza vs Evan Dunham

Rick Story vs Leonardo Mafra

Justin Salas vs Joe Proctor

John Lineker vs Alptekin Ozkilic

Lucas Martins vs Alex White

FOX SPORTS 1 PRELIMS - BT Sports 1 - 12am

Gleison Tibau vs Pat Healy

Jessamyn Duke vs Leslie Smith

Hugo Viana vs Aljamain Sterling

Yosdenis Cedeno vs Jerrod Sanders

FIGHT PASS PRELIMS

Claudia Gadelha vs Tina Lahdemaki

UFC%20FN%20Dublin.jpg

FIGHT PASS MAIN CARD - BT Sports 2 - 7.30pm

Conor McGregor vs Diego Brandao

Gunnar Nelson vs Zak Cummings

Brad Pickett vs Ian McCall

Norman Parke vs Naoyuki Kotani

FIGHT PASS PRELIMS

Ilir Latifi vs Chris Dempsey

Neil Seery vs Phil Harris

Cathal Pendred vs Mike King

Tor Troeng vs Trevor Smith

Nikita Krylov vs Cody Donovan

Josh Sampo vs Patrick Holohan

Good stuff.

On the Cerrone-Miller show though, I wish they'd swapped the two womens fights around. I'd rather have seen Gadelha-Lahdemaki than Duke-Smith. It's the first ever UFC Strawweight fight, plus Gadelha is more of a prospect than either Jessamyn Duke or Leslie Smith. Oh well.

Thought the Dublin show would be on Channel 5 as well but it doesn't seem like it will be. Thought they were going to air six UFCs on 5 this year? So far they've only shown the London card.

I can't wait for both of these shows. Cerrone vs Miller especially is a fucking corker of a fight. I really think that's going to be a war. Whereas McGregor vs Brandao I see being a round or two of chaos. Both great fights.

• Paid Members

Anyone know if Fight Night shows are blocked from Fight Pass due to them being on BT Sport?

Basically, if I sign up for Fight Pass for a month, will I be able to watch the Dublin show next week live?

The UFC site is really shit for trying to look this sort of thing up.

• Paid Members

Yep.

Countdown: Conor McGregor vs Diego Brandao

Countdown: Gunnar Nelson vs Zak Cummings

Says a lot about how popular McGregor is that they've done a Countdown for this. Fight Nights never usually get the Countdown treatment. The FOX Sports 1 shows don't get them, so for a Fight Pass show to get one is pretty amazing.

And while I'm here;

McGregor's UFC debut vs Marcus Brimage

'Uncle Creepy' Ian McCall on Rogan's podcast;

"I'm pretty disappointed in my UFC career. I should be world champion, it's not good enough. Everyone knows I'm the only threat to Demetrious. I fucking molested him once on the ground, and I'll do it again. I don't have the best pure jiu-jitsu. I don't have the best pure wrestling. I don't have the best pure striking. But when it comes to getting in a fucking fist fight and having it end up on the ground, I'll fuck up anybody in my weightclass. I don't think there's anybody...you wanna scramble, with submissions and shit like that, and punches, I'll fuck you up.

I don't wanna sound like Gene LeBell too much, but I get off on it. It's maybe not as sexual as Gene likes it to be...but I thoroughly enjoy fucking people up, man. It's a good time."

Rogan and McCall on the Pickett fight;

Rogan: That's going to be a good fight.

McCall: We're gonna get a bonus.

Rogan: Did Pickett fight flyweight yet?

McCall: Once. Against Neil Seery, the Irish guy. He won but he looked like shit.

Rogan: Did he? Tough weight cut?

McCall: I think that was a big part of it. And you know, you're supposed to be a boxer and you get cracked and you turn into a wrestler. I'm not gonna be outwrestled by an Englishman.

• Paid Members

Creepy/Pickett is gonna be a great fight.

Creepy's UFC career has been a bit of an up and affair, he's shown hints of how good he can be but im starting to feel like Creepy's got a bit of a Miguel Torres thing about him where he was always considered the best in his division before the weight class really developed. 125lb is still fairly shallow so the guy's still right in the mix, but he might just be a case of him getting caught in a position where the 125 standard is just overtaking him. Time will tell though...

• Paid Members

Retired MMA fighter and BJJ whizz Vitor 'Shaolin' Ribeiro is going to referee two fights on the Cerrone vs Miller card. He's reffing the Jessamyn Duke vs Leslie Smith and Yosdenis Cedeno vs Jerrod Sanders fights.

"I

Archived