UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs Arlovski - May 8th

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The Fight Network's Robin Black breaks down the fight, it's only short but its a pretty interesting look into the subtleties of the standup game (it's a Swanson love-in more than anything), the kind of stuff that goes over most guys heads (including mine) during the actual fight.

• Paid Members

What is it with people's obsession with beards? It's like some fad lately, similar to Chuck Norris facts. They refer to them as "epic". Same with zombies. "OMG zombies are totally epic! That's an epic beard! Bacon is epic too". Get off the bandwagon, lads.

What is it with people's obsession with beards? It's like some fad lately, similar to Chuck Norris facts. They refer to them as "epic". Same with zombies. "OMG zombies are totally epic! That's an epic beard! Bacon is epic too". Get off the bandwagon, lads.

:thumbsup:

I take it you can't grow one, Herbert? :smug:

• Paid Members

I take it you can't grow one, Herbert? :smug:

And that's the exact reply people always use when anyone brings it up.

It's really not a big deal - was just wondering what the fascination is about with "epic" beards. Ariel Helwani is on that buzz too. Most of his interviews with Roy Nelson & Jonny Hendricks focus on their beards. I just don't get the fad.

• Paid Members

Must admit, I'm wondering about this bizarre fashion of huge beards and moustaches at the moment - not just on big guys, but skinny hipsters too.

Beards and moustaches are all fine and dandy, but what's with all these guys walking around looking like Russian Cossacks and German philosophers?

• Paid Members
Must admit, I'm wondering about this bizarre fashion of huge beards and moustaches at the moment - not just on big guys, but skinny hipsters too.

Beards and moustaches are all fine and dandy, but what's with all these guys walking around looking like Russian Cossacks and German philosophers?

You just bitter cuz you can't grow one as totes epic as chuck norris?

Chuck Norris is epic. And so is his beard. Zombies are epic too. Are you prepared for the zombie apocalypse? It's gonna be epic!

It's just a fad, isn't it? Today it's beards, tomorrow it'll be a retro Dolph Lundgren style flat top hairstyle.

Fashion is what the kids call it these days, and those who grump about it are usually just getting too old to keep up (or so they say) ;)

• Paid Members

It's just a fad, isn't it?

Then my question to everyone ITT discussing "epic" beards - why are you so susceptible to fads & bandwagons?

Archived