The Preston City Wrestling Thread

Robbie X has been announced for Road To Glory. Great news to see more UK talents from the country being involved with PCW.

I've seen Fludder is teasing AJ Styles for another night which would be excellent. Despite this not being in the booking plans and against the grain for what PCW usually does - I'd really like to see Chris Masters Vs AJ Styles on the Night One. It's a personal dream match of mine, as far as I know the match has not been done before? and it would bring some more international recognition for the promotion on top of what it already has.

I shall be attending both Road To Glory nights. Really looking forward to it!

Robbie X has been announced for Road To Glory. Great news to see more UK talents from the country being involved with PCW.

Robbie has been to Preston before, a long long time ago was him vs Jack Gallagher at the Southside co promoted Clash at the Disco

Here's the card

NBW Academy Title Match

Robbie X © defeats Jack Gallagher

Singles Match

Ego Dragon defeats Raynaldo

Tag Team Match

Retro Pop (Dave Rayne & Sam Bailey) defeat Rainz & Scotty Hexx

Singles Match

Martin Kirby defeats Cameron Kraze

Singles Match

Prince Mohmed Ameen defeats Kieran Carte

NBW Title Match

Kris Travis © defeats Joey Hayes

Things to note from that is that Robbie X vs Gallagher was actually pretty decent ,Kirby has been working the Ego Dragon Gimmick since day one, near enough! The Trav vs Hayes match above saw some spots reused at the last pcw event inc getting crotched on the stair wells.

Latest info on the next 4 major events for PCW, up to the end of May:

Latest card for Road 2 Glory weekend (February 28th - March 1st) to date - 6 matches announced:

Beg7AlPCQAA4w6X.jpg

Bech_rtCMAAfbh1.jpg

Beaxn_bCUAAe5-k.jpg

BeG32TRCQAEWcax.jpg

BeCzyFhCMAAsob0.jpg

BeiEMz4CMAACbmc.jpg

BelkN8BCMAE3x49.jpg

BeqqdH1CUAAxLwO.jpg

Bb3vgYfIcAAiI_G.jpg

Plus all this lot:

BeItpomCEAAkI61.jpg

* - Advertised for the March 28th card, 'Who Dares Wins':

BdkflItCEAAISJy.jpg

* - Advertised for the April 25th card, 'Spring Slam':

Bd4S9JeCMAAjatt.jpg

Bc6hCZ9CQAAdn7W.jpg

BcG9REKCYAAaz31.jpg

* - Advertised for the May 30th - May 31st 'Supershow 4' weekend:

Bebmz8RCIAA3Qv1.jpg

Edited by ClassicsGuy

The whole 9 match card for February 28th is terrific. You'd be hard pushed to find another card on U.K. soil that features so many names of either current significance or nostalgic stardom (or both in some cases), all on the same card:

AJ Styles & Lionheart vs Team Single for the PCW Tag Team titles

The Godfather vs Bubblegum

Noam Dar vs Chris Hero

Chris Masters vs Cyanide

Mike Bennett vs Danny Hope

Kris Travis vs Martin Kirby

Grado vs Dave Rayne

Dave Mastiff vs Jon Gresham

Joey Hayes vs Robbie X

Then when you consider there will be another card the next night, highlighted by Lionheart vs AJ Styles for the PCW title, and PAPA SHANGO~! making an appearance, this Feb 28/Mar 1 weekend of shows has the potential to be the best in PCW history.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

Edited due to previous spoiler tags not showing and unannounced announcements having now been announced on Facebook during the Rumble. Long story short, Vader's back in April. The question is, why? Like everyone else, I was all over the chance to see him when he was first here in December, but the thought of another match like that is just... urgh... Has he requested a return to prove himself or something?

Edited by CAREBEAR LUVVA

I'm fucking delighted to see Low Ki. Yes he's got a bad attitude and has been sacked off by pretty much every company he's ever worked for, but in 2005 he was my favourite indy guy and I've never seen him live.

Vader on the other hand can piss off. I got my photo with him (sitting down obviously) and saw his stiff strikes in the corner, but the crap he produced against Mastiff has still left a bad taste in my mouth. I assume he's coming as a package with the other guys doing WXW the next night and PCW couldn't get out of it. In which case, have him come out and Vader Bomb Bubblegum or something so no one gets their hopes up.

I wonder if this means we're getting Shane Douglas too, since he's at WXW as well.

Edit

Don't know what you're on about Stinky Dad!

Edited by TysonSL