New Japan iPPV thread

JNLister

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Translated brackets are below. The hashed line seperates the 2 brackets.

Togi Makabe vs. Bad Luck Fale

Tetsuya Naito vs. Tomohiro Ishii

Karl Anderson vs. Katsuyori Shibata

Yujiro Takahashi vs. Shelton Benjamin

------------------------------

Doc Gallows vs. Hirooki Goto

Toru Yano vs. Minoru Suzuki

Nakamura vs Davey Boy Smith Jr

Lance ARcher vs Prince Devitt

• 1 month later...

Confirming what we already knew [that he has signed with New Japan], AJ Styles just showed up on today's New Japan iPPV and styles clashed the IWGP Heavyweight champion Okada. AJ's now a member of Bullet Club:

XPIYaby.jpg

• Paid Members

I heard the crowd reacted as if Claire Lynch joined the Bullet Club. To be fair, they were shit in a few other places as well so I'm told. Not like it matters, because he's capable of over delivering where it matters (in the ring) and the Okada match should be insane, but AJ has a big act to follow in Devitt. I suppose Karl Anderson is positioned as the mouth piece, so its not like the group is all on his shoulders. Shame Devitt has left actually. Would have loved to have seen him wrestle AJ on a big show.

I heard the crowd reacted as if Claire Lynch joined the Bullet Club. To be fair, they were shit in a few other places as well so I'm told. Not like it matters, because he's capable of over delivering where it matters (in the ring) and the Okada match should be insane, but AJ has a big act to follow in Devitt. I suppose Karl Anderson is positioned as the mouth piece, so its not like the group is all on his shoulders. Shame Devitt has left actually. Would have loved to have seen him wrestle AJ on a big show.

What's interesting is that the "Loser leaves town" stipulation was unofficial and actually just something Taguchi said to spice up the match with Devitt.

So we don't know if this was Devitts last match, although it felt like it at points. I could have sworn that he was crying after the match though.

After taking out Okada Styles called Okada "TNA Young Boy" and "Still a Young Boy" but it didn't get massive ammounts of heat.

• Paid Members

Lesson learned for the future: if you're going to save a few bucks by ordering in yen (www.ustream.tv/njpwtv) rather than dollars (www.ustream.tv/njpw), you need to order the show in advance as only the /njpw site seems to work for buying after the event.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Okada protected like he was the Road Warriors at their peak ; it took Tokyo Pimps from the interfering Yujiro (who has joined Bullet Club) and then a Bloody Sunday AND the Styles Clash from AJ to put him down.

Logically, Nakamura will blame Okada for losing the belt for Chaos - "I could have taken a shot at you but I trusted you with the belt and now it's gone" adding to the existing tension leading to the eventual gigantic match between the two of them.

Also looks like they set up either Tana/Makabe vs Super Best Friends (Goto/Shibata) with winners getting the next shot at Doc/Anderson or at a push a three-way.

• Paid Members
I don't keep up with NJPW but is that as big of a shock as it sounds?

It was his first big match, so he was the favourite going in.

Happy for AJ. He's had a great year. He's been drawing really well on the indy circuit (usually drawing bigger houses than TNA house shows) and ROH, AAA and New Japan have treated him like a star. Sort of a sad reality of how much he's wasted himself the last few years. With the talent he has he should have been up there with Punk and Bryan, instead of doing storylines with Olive Oil and Dixie Carter. Maybe he should have ventured outside of the Impact Zone sooner than this.

Archived