Finest Ever Hour of Television? (MASSIVE SPOILER POTENTIAL!)

ShortOrderCook

At the time, there seemed to be a general opinion that the final season of Blackadder was a step down from the previous two. But I think in hindsight, it's the best one. The setting lends every joke a fabulous dose of gallows humour that makes it all so sharp. That last episode is that rarest of all things - a genuinely moving piece of drama within a sitcom episode.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Mrs Peterson's Dog Get's Fucked Up from season 1 of Trailer Park Boys is one of my favourite half hours of TV ever. No waste, just wall to wall laughs and a lovely touching ending. Also has the TPB debut of the greasy, hot dog eating caveman Sam Losco.

• Paid Members
Mrs Peterson's Dog Get's Fucked Up from season 1 of Trailer Park Boys is one of my favourite half hours of TV ever. No waste, just wall to wall laughs and a lovely touching ending. Also has the TPB debut of the greasy, hot dog eating caveman Sam Losco.

It's such a brilliant episode. I just started rewatching season 1, actually, and I can't wait to get to this episode again.

• Paid Members

The last episode "A Shit River Runs Through It" is amazing aswell, was in tears during the standoff between them and the FBI etc etc. I loved that whole season with the Sebastian Bach-Swayzie Train plot. Any episode with Conky was great.

I'm gearing myself up for another run of The Wire too, Bifkin. It does mean struggling through series 5 though. Or maybe not!

Too much telly though - I'm stalled in S3 of Oz, 3 seasons into the entire Frasier run, in the middle of Nashville, Sons, Hell On Wheels, Justified. Too many series, not enough time. AND Castle's back on soon!

Archived