TUF Brazil 2/UFC on FUEL 10: 'Nogueira vs Werdum 2'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Well, ET is 5 hours behing and Western time is 8 hours behind. At least that's what it was when I was over there a few weeks back.Therefore ET Prelim start will be 11.30pm.

I'm confused, either that or I'm thick (probably this). Junkie has the prelims down for a 4.30 ET start, with the main card to start at 8pm ET. If ET is 5 hours behind us surely that means the prelims start at 9.30 UK time, and the main card starts at 1am. Right? Wrong? I never was any good at Maths but I thought I'd cracked this.

• Paid Members

Well, ET is 5 hours behing and Western time is 8 hours behind. At least that's what it was when I was over there a few weeks back.Therefore ET Prelim start will be 11.30pm.

I'm confused, either that or I'm thick (probably this). Junkie has the prelims down for a 4.30 ET start, with the main card to start at 8pm ET. If ET is 5 hours behind us surely that means the prelims start at 9.30 UK time, and the main card starts at 1am. Right? Wrong? I never was any good at Maths but I thought I'd cracked this.
haha...good god that was me being thick. I was sitting there for some reason thinking 4.30am ET...and for some ridiculous reason I went backwards to UK time, therefore 11.30pm.I had a right brain freeze there. Apologies.

• Paid Members

I thought that sounded a lot but when you think, it's 7 fights with a shitload of ad breaks. And the way MMAJunkie has it scheduled, the prelims are set to run from 4.30-8pm ET in the US so it must be 3 and a half hours.

• Paid Members

Ronny Markes has been in a car accident, his fight with Derek Brunson has been scratched from tomorrow's event.Weigh ins are done;

MAIN CARD (FUEL TV, 8 p.m. ET)Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (237) vs. Fabricio Werdum (242)William Macario (170) vs. Leonardo Santos (170)Rafael Cavalcante (204) vs. Thiago Silva (206)Jason High (170) vs. Erick Silva (170)Eddie Mendez (184) vs. Daniel Sarafian (186)Rony Jason (146) vs. Mike Wilkinson (145)PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 5:15 p.m. ET)Raphael Assuncao (135) vs. Vaughan Lee (134)Derek Brunson vs. Ronny Markes - fight canceled due to Markes' car accidentFelipe Arantes (146) vs. Godofredo Castro (146)Ildemar Alcantara (171) vs. Leandro Silva (169)Rodrigo Damm (146) vs. Mizuto Hirota (146)Caio Magalhaes (186) vs. Karlos Vemola (186)Antonio Braga Neto (185) vs. Anthony Smith (184)

Here's the weigh in video for those that watch this stuff;
For what it's worth that's the lightest Nog has weighed in at since he fought Cain 3 years ago. He looked better than he has in ages to me. Not that I expect him to win tomorrow night but it's good to see him looking in better shape at least.Judge for yourself;Nog today20130607012857_IMG_7720.JPGNog's last fight at UFC 1532597c1dda258f6b8c3690066b98ff30f.JPG

Nog's best chance tomorrow is that Werdum has under-trained and he can turn it into a straight boxing match (where he may stand a chance) Werdum is a more diverse striker and is better in Nog's strongest area in grappling. Werdum is also a lot less seasoned than Nog.I am going Werdum by TKO

• Paid Members

I am going Werdum by TKO

Sadly, me too. And I like Werdum, I just like Nog a lot more. He's been on about going on one last run at the title recently. That sounds mental at this point and there's no way he'd be hanging with Cain in 2013, he got battered the first time they fought and he's had 3 rough years on the clock since then. Not to mention the monster Cain has gone on to be in that 3 years. But fuck, you've got to admire Nog's determination. He's yet to lose in Brazil, he's 2-0 in the home land at the moment. That's probably ending tomorrow night, he's definitely the underdog, Werdum I'd say is a few levels higher than the guys Nog has been beating in recent years like Schaub and Herman. It's a big ask but style wise it's not unthinkable that Nog could pull it off. Werdum has looked great his last few fights but he's kind of been hot and cold in his career, and some fights he shows up and just fizzles out, if he has an off night tomorrow Nog could shock him. Realistically though, you'd have to favour Werdum on current form. Nog's improved physical condition at the weigh in has given me a glimmer of hope though. You can't read to much into that but it does show he's trained hard and looks to have had a better camp than he's had in ages. He looked very confident as well. Probably setting myself up for disappointmentYeah, Werdum TKO.

And I like Werdum, I just like Nog a lot more.

I think most will say that.Big Nog is probably the most universially liked UFC fighter there is, you never hear anyone from other fighter to fans, to management say a bad word against him.

Archived