TUF Brazil 2/UFC on FUEL 10: 'Nogueira vs Werdum 2'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I think you're right. It's more likely Cain wins. JDS's best chance is obviously an early KO. But also, if Cain sets a similar pace as last time, if JDS can get through the early rounds without taking too much damage he could possibly take it later on. For all the talk from Rogan of Cain's cardio, he was sucking wind about as bad as JDS was by round 3. What happens this time if Cain tires but hasn't damaged JDS as much? There were points on the later rounds last time where Cain looked knackered and got very sloppy on his takedown attempts, if JDS wasn't so beat up at that point who knows if he could have capitalised. This rubber match is a way more interesting fight than people are giving it credit for I think.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This rubber match is a way more interesting fight than people are giving it credit for I think.

Oh yeah I agree totally with that.There is enough questions that I still want to see it, plus it is the clear 1 and 2 in the World in a rubber match. What is there not to like.

• Paid Members

The only negative for me is that where does the division go after Cain vs JDS 3? They're both clearly far above the rest of the division but after the rubber match, can they ever do Cain vs JDS 4? I'd say only if the rubber match, is competitive. If Cain dominates again like last time, or JDS sparks him early again - it would make selling a 4th fight very difficult. The best thing that could happen would be a back and forth war leaving the possibility of a 4th meeting down the line and hopefully some other interesting challengers get back in the race in the meantime - like Overeem and Barnett.If we have another one way traffic type fight, either way, the division is left in a situation where you have a clear #1 and #2 who probably will never fight each other again.

The only negative for me is that where does the division go after Cain vs JDS 3?

Jon JonesI am convinced that Jones will move up, and both Jones and Cain/JDS's legacy fight will be against Jones. Until then, I think Werdum will entertain the winner of JDS/Cain, as said maybe Reem, Barnett or even Nelson will get a shot also at some point if they are desperate.

• Paid Members

And if JDS regains the title from Cain, I could see Cormier staying at heavyweight to challenge him. He's only on about cutting to 205 because his mate Cain is the heavyweight champ. That all changes if JDS becomes champion again. I think that's why Cormier is reluctant to fully commit to 205. He's stalling and waiting to see how Cain vs JDS 3 plays out. He'd rather not cut weight if he doesn't have to.Forgot about Jones as well, good point. Heavyweight will get very interesting when he makes the move.

• Paid Members

Yep, Jones at heavyweight could result in all sorts of epicness. Jones vs Cain could be incredible and is personally the only truly super fight out there where I believe it's tough to call the victor.

• Paid Members

The potential is there for Jones to top Anderson Silva's record. And within a lot shorter time than it's taken Anderson.There's still the possibility of the Jones vs Anderson superfight before Jones goes up in weight. Just imagine if Jones beat down Anderson Silva. Then went up to heavyweight and beat Cain and/or JDS. Add to that his already stellar run at 205 - wins over Shogun, Machida, Rampage, Evans, Belfort etc. He could still squeeze in wins over Gustafsson, Glover, Hendo or whoever yet as well. Add to that he's never truly lost a fight in MMA and he debuted in the UFC only 4 months after turning pro. And he's still a young guy, he could have another 8-10 good years yet. Scary thought.He could also make history being the first fighter to win titles at two weights without losing. If he vacated the 205 title and win the heavyweight title. People thought that was impossible when Brandon Vera vowed to do it years ago but with Jones it's a very real possibility.

• Paid Members

I honestly think within 5 years we'll be calling Jon Jones the greatest of all time....but wand, even if he does move up he wont be the first one to do it without a loss, because controversial or not, the Hamill result counts as a loss, it cannot be erased :laugh:

• Paid Members

Ha, I've worded that badly. I meant he could possibly win the heavyweight title while never having lost the 205 title. Not that he'd be undefeated :) Like there's been two weight champions before - Randy Couture, BJ Penn. But they lost their titles in one division before winning their second weight title. Jones could in essence be the first to hold two UFC titles at the same time (although he'd obviously have to vacate the 205 belt). Thats what I meant, I explained it shitly.

Archived